Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
GasEngineer

Re: Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Post by GasEngineer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

I too have been waiting for the update and have been following this thread as a reader only for the last few days.

However I felt compelled to register today to submit a post offering Dmitri some support. There are a number of posts which are complaining about the delay to the update - after Dmitri has explained that the delay is solely caused by the backlog in Blackberry's approval system.

All of the complaints are posted after Dmitri's posts which give a clear explanation of why there is a delay.

Please read all the posts carefully, especially the updates from Dmitri, before criticising him ......

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

The only good thing I can say is that at least if I leave the player in shuffle mode I can play music so I'm not without the player altogether.

My big concern is that we will wait a week for this display fix and not know whether or not the scan bug has been resolved.

Kees Kemper

Post by Kees Kemper » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 am

Does someone know how to put some pressure on the BB-people to make the new version available? It seems that only BB10 is important actually.

adchute1

Post by adchute1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:15 am

This is one of the few apps I paid for, and it was not cheap, as least as far as apps go. I bought it in December 2012 and started using it. Loved the sound. There was an update several weeks ago, and everything worked fine then. On Wednesday 2/6/13, I installed the latest update, the same one I think might be the subject of the discussion in this thread. I tried to use it on 2/8/13, and now, this app is worthless and useless. Did they test this on a Playbook before uploading it to App World? In landscape mode, the selections do not scroll, and I cannot scroll the list so I can see the "playlist" button. Useless in landscape mode. In portrait mode, although I do not like the size of the fonts now, at least I can select a playlist. However, when I go into the playlist and see the songs listed, there are no buttons to start the songs? Again, useless in portrait mode. What is going on here? This is not some free, experimental, beta app. When I pay for an app, I expect it to work. When I get an update for an app I paid for, I do not expect the update to make the app worthless and useless.

I want the old version back if this cannot be fixed. I see that they submitted a new update on 1/31/13, but they are saying Blackberry has not yet approved this for App World updates. I hope they fully tested the update on a Playbook this time.

Interestingly, I submitted a review on this in App World, but the review is not appearing. Have any others of you submitted any reviews that are not being posted?

If the new "update" does not work, here is an idea. Submit as an "update" the last known version that worked. You have paying customers here who do not deserve this.
Last edited by adchute1 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

adchute1

Post by adchute1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:22 am

P.S. At the bare minimum, especially if you may be blocking reviews on App World, Neutron should put a message there immediately warning people not to buy the app until this issue is fixed.

instrosurfman

Post by instrosurfman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm

OK. This is going on two weeks and is beyond ridiculous. Many of us paid for an app we love and now cannot use it simply because all platforms were not tested on the last code change. Can the .bar file be made available to us who can use it to side load on PB and BB10. No versions of this app show at all in Blackberry World.

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:19 pm

I agree. I am very concerned that we are going to wait another week for Blackberry to post the update and then we'll have to wait two weeks again if the library scan bug is not resolved.
Can we please get a sideload version?

Eric

instrosurfman

Post by instrosurfman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Don't blame BlackBerry as they are getting thousands of submissions that all need to be tested. This is a software development error in the fact that all supported platforms were not tested upon the last release.

GasEngineer

Post by GasEngineer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm

instrosurfman wrote:Don't blame BlackBerry as they are getting thousands of submissions that all need to be tested. This is a software development error in the fact that all supported platforms were not tested upon the last release.
Begs the question why, if BB test all submissions, the bug got through to release.

Surely they can't have run the software on a PlayBook .....

adchute1

Post by adchute1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:18 am

Don't blame BlackBerry for this. The delay might be their fault, although I am not completely convinced of that. It all goes back to submission of an "update" to App World that doesn't work. Why in the world would anyone submit an update to BlackBerry App World in the first place without testing it on a PlayBook? Can you imagine what would happen to Microsoft if they sent out an update that made Windows useless? Or on a smaller scale, an update that made Word useless? There would be class action lawsuits by now. Microsoft stock price would plummet. People probably would be fired. If Microsoft had a face, it would be beet red.

The Release Note for the update we have been waiting for should say something like "fixed my big time screwup with the last version."

Or the new Release Note could have a more positive, upbeat tone. It could truthfully say something like: "This update has more improvements from one version to the next than any developer has delivered in the entire history of software, fixing a huge multitude of slightly irritating problems too numerous to list here."