[UNCONFIRMED] neutron shutdown

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
hilemb

[UNCONFIRMED] neutron shutdown

Post by hilemb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 am

Recently got a cheap 4.3' tablet as a gift.1.2 processor and 512 mb ram running ics.Installed neutron and it shuts down after a half an hour.I'm mystified as to why.Could it be the battery manager app(Juice Defender) ?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Benedict

Re: neutron shutdown

Post by Benedict » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 am

Could it be that you have somehow activated the Sleep function?

Move screens to far let till you see the one with the EQ and see if the Green Sleep button is lit.

Otherwise is it possible that your device is running out of power. Some setting in Neutron can use more power than other apps as they work at higher quality (to give better sound).

:)

hilemb

Post by hilemb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:12 am

Sleep button isn't lit and battery is at 75%.After posting, I had the idea to use the stock android music player and see if that shuts down after half an hour.If it does,then it is some setting in ICS and not in Neutron. Will post back with the results.

hilemb

Post by hilemb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Used the stock android music player and no shutdown problems.The problem must be in the Neutron app.I'm going to fool around with the settings in Neutron to see what happens.If anybody out there has had a similar problem and came up with a solution,please let me know.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:54 pm

What about using Neutron NEON version, have you tried it?

Also does Neutron crash on some specific track, or randomly and happened on tracks which previously played ok?

On dev. devices Neutron is running 24h without any issue, so it must either problem of device (anyway even if stock player is ok, because stock player could use hardware decoding of MP3s for example), or problem of music files (tags) which trigger some crash of Neutron.