Are there any remote controls for car?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
jimbeam

Are there any remote controls for car?

Post by jimbeam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if there are any solutions that I could strap on my steering wheel and send commands (e.g. next/previous/play/stop etc) to the neutron android app.

Would something like this work with Neutron? https://www.amazon.com/iSimple-Portable ... B00KPZN5UC

Has anyone done used anything like this?

Regards,

Jim

ralphlongo1975

Re: Are there any remote controls for car?

Post by ralphlongo1975 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:41 pm

I believe that this is an Android question and not a Neutron only question. I have used a remote that is essentially this one for quite a while now, it works with Neutron, I just checked it. You can find them dirt cheap on EBay and the battery life is a day or so, I am on my second one because the charging port broke on the first one, with it being so cheap I did not care since it lasted a little over a year. The second one I got had a far smaller battery, that lasted about a day, so I swapped the battery from my broken one into it and get a few days. Still, it functions with my ZTE Zmax and my LG G pad 8 just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017JZLA ... er+android

ralphlongo1975

Post by ralphlongo1975 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Oh yeah, the two I purchased were different but identical, with the exception of the battery, so I assume they are all the same unit sold at different prices under different names. Maybe a higher price gets you the longer battery, I paid 8 for my first one and 3 for my second.

jimbeam

Post by jimbeam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm

So neutron is listening for generic left/right/stop/play commands. Ok, I will have a go with generic remotes then.

Thanks!

ralphlongo1975

Post by ralphlongo1975 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:17 am

That's what I can tell.