streaming question

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
doctorjazz

streaming question

Post by doctorjazz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:44 am

Hi-I've been listening to my music mostly by streaming it from my home computers-Tonido is the app I've been using to stream to my phone (and work computer; I also have a Seagate GoFlex external hard drive that's also supposed to allow NAS access to files on the computers, though I haven't tried it as Tonido seems to work well). I'm wondering if it's possible to use any of these streams (a "home cloud" as they call it) to access the music, but play it in Neutron. My Motorola Droid is short on memory, and even SD cards can't hold enough music (with everything else they have on them), and I have a huge collection of music, up to about 500 GB or so of FLAC files, along with thousands of CD's/LP's. I love being able to access all this music, but think it might sound better through the Neutron player, and I would have the other options like equalizer, etc. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: streaming question

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 am

I have not studied such way of using Neutron: reading files on NAS HDD but may be you shall have a look at some software for Android which allows to access remote drives like, ES File Explorer? Then if such drive is visible on your phone as additional storage Neutron would work with it as with SD. I did not try to make constant share in Android and assign some symbolic link to it but managed to play file (by clicking on it and choosing Neutron) by Neutron on remote PC.