Latest Playbook version dlna bug, serious shared folder bug

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ThaSwapMeetPimp

Latest Playbook version dlna bug, serious shared folder bug

Post by ThaSwapMeetPimp » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:39 am

Well, I can access my MediaTomb server once, then if I exit the app, when I start it up again I am unable to get any listed entries from MediaTomb to play. I press on their entries and nothing happens, if I click on the play button it quickly flashes a pause button and then back to play button sometimes, but more often than not nothing happens at all. I have to manually remove and re-add the DLNA Library.

Tried re-adding my shared folder, and it kept giving me the enable shared folders permission error, though the folders already shared. Stopped messing with it waiting for an answer to this, and decided to mess around with the files on my Playbook, went to my mounted shared folder and it said Host was down. Checked my network information on my Playbook, and it could not find any network interfaces, even though the wifi settings tab still reported being connected to my wireless, and showed the other networks in the area. Restarted Playbook, tried to repeat the bug, but now just hangs on network view when i try to access the network. Exit app and it just stays greyed out for I dont know how long because I get impatient and restart my Playbook. Will try waiting it out right now 3:02 am PST.........3:05 still greyed out, tried pressing icon to see if it would start as has happened in past, nope.....3:08 still nothing.....3:12 still nothing, restarting Playbook, screen flashes before popping up with the restart icon, like video driver is resetting or something, which is second time that has happened in a row messing with neutron now.....doesnt happen any other time. Gonna reinstall and see if that at least fixes it enough to let me try and recreate the shared folder network interface bug or if that is a random/one time thing...deleting off of home screen fails to register in app world....deleting from app world....reinstalling from app world....now its scanning normally...hmmm....So this time I remembered to authenticate, even though I dont have any passwords set on the folders, i guess ubuntu demands it anyways....but losing the network interface on my Playbook even once and having the video drivers reset a couple times seems like a pretty serious consequence just for forgetting to authenticate, so maybe still a pretty serious bug? Well shared folders are working now but not dlna. I will keep messing around with it and see if I can figure it out

ThaSwapMeetPimp

Re: Latest Playbook version dlna bug, serious shared folder

Post by ThaSwapMeetPimp » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Still have to rescan dlna each time, but thats faster than the shared folder so I guess I will have to keep doing that for now.....anyone have any ideas about this?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 am

> just hangs on network view when i try to access the network

It will take some 30-40 seconds to scan the network IPs. Did you wait longer?

ThaSwapMeetPimp

Post by ThaSwapMeetPimp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:52 am

Yes I waited a couple minutes, I had fixed that issue though by reinstalling Neutron and remembering to add my login, my real problem is that neither mediatomb nor minidlna can be accessed through more than one Neutron session without having to manually remove, readd and wait for it to scan, each time I restart Neutron, because Neutron cannot play the music files if I close it and then reopen and try to play one of the previously scanned files. Any clues on how to fix that?

Deckard79

Post by Deckard79 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:23 pm

The same happens to me with the latest release.

Basically, add a upnp network source, Neutron scans library and all seems fine. But then if you exit and return to Neutron, none of the library is accessible.

Tried waiting a good 20 minutes with no joy.

Had to remove the uPnp source and re-add it, which obviously takes ages.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 pm

In latest version there is bug in Neutron's UPnP code which results in such behavior:
- if UPnP source is created and Neutron is restarted, UPnP core does not start and thus does not try to find the devices on LAN/WAN thus source files are not playable

Temporary workaround is to go to Neutron's settings and open Output To dialog, it will force UpNP/DNLA core initialization and UPnP sources will work. Since next update it will be fixed.

ThaSwapMeetPimp

Post by ThaSwapMeetPimp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Sweet, that means when the App World server comes back up and if Neutron actually opens his time, it should be fixed already. Thanks!

ThaSwapMeetPimp

Post by ThaSwapMeetPimp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Well, newest version UPnP bug is not fixed, and your Output To solution does not work on this version.

ThaSwapMeetPimp

Post by ThaSwapMeetPimp » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:44 am

Scratch that, when the server came back up it reinstalled 1.78.5, latest 1.78.6.3 does actually retain UPnP, however it does not autoresume like shared and local folders did, but that doesn't matter much to me. It's really choppy but that could just be my server right now. Also, it finds almost 6500 files but the source entry only shows 6000 is this a limit that neutron has or UPnP itself has or something?

Deckard79

Post by Deckard79 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Think I'm just going to have to give up on Neutron.

Installed latest version on PlayBook after a complete security wipe. Loaded Neutron and set up DLNA. Played about 5 songs on random and then it quit to PlayBook UI. Reloaded it only for music to skip like crazy (only mp3 files - shouldn't cause any trouble). Rebooted PlayBook and tried again - UI unresponsive and tracks still skipping. Exited Neutron only for it to fail to close properly (icon faded to indicate still open).

Had to reboot again.

Whatever had been implemented over the past few months has absolutely killed it on my PlayBook . No choice but to uninstall and use KalemSoft.