[?] Neutron UI won't come back

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
davitof

[?] Neutron UI won't come back

Post by davitof » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Hello,

I have recently installed Neutron. I am having a strange issue, maybe related to http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1614

I often listen to radio shows which are around 2 hours long. Quite often, when I try to pause playback, all I can get is a brief black window and I get back to whatever app was launched before Neutron (often the home screen). No manipulation can restore the UI, neither from the Neutron Icon on the home screen, from the notification area, from a Neutron widget (I temporarily installed one, but I uninstalled it since because I don't use it normally), or from the Application drawer. Unplugging the earphones won't pause the sound either. The only way I found to stop the music is to stop Neutron forcefully.

This has just happened again just now, but Neutron was not playing anything that time and there was no indication of Neutron in the notification bar. I managed to load Neutron after doing a quick clean in Clean master. This means that my issue is probably not related to the track length.

My current Neutron version is 1.76.0 BTW, I had to check the version in the Android application settings. Is there a way to find the version inside Neutron itself?

davitof

Re: Neutron UI won't come back

Post by davitof » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:27 pm

I just checked listening for a dozen of minutes of a list of usual length tracks. No problem, I could go back to the Neutron UI without problem. So that I am starting to wonder: could this be related to the length of the track? Maybe a memory size problem?

davitof

Post by davitof » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:14 am

I decided to check with a queue made of usual length tracks. I chose a folder made from a 11 track CD, VBR compression, biggest track is 8 MB long. Then I put my cellphone in my pocket and listened to the music. At the end of track 6, Neutron stopped playing. The Neutron arrow icon is still in the notification area. Pressing the Neutron icon on the home screen or the Neutron display in the notification menu shows a black empty screen for 1 or 2 seconds then it triggers a refresh in the notification area (that is: Neutron shows the track name, artist and album). Using Clean Master does not change anything. Using Android Tuner, I see a Neutron task which uses memory. Using the Android applications management menu, I stop the Neutron task and reload it. Neutron remembers it was last at the end of track 6 and pressing play automatically starts track 7. I decide to restart from the beginning of track 6 to check if there could be something in track 6 causing a problem, but Neutron goes on without problem. I unplug my earphones in the middle of track 11 and the sound does not stop, which makes me realize that Neutron has stopped responding. Once again, I forcefully stop it.

I really want to get Neutron to work on my cellphone. Neutron is the only way I could find to get crossfade. I am a software developer (but not in Android), and I know solving this kind of bug can be quite difficult. I am quite ready to try unusual things to find a solution to my problems, just tell me what I can do.

davitof

Post by davitof » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:00 pm

(slightly OT) I can't make my signature visible in the forum. So here it is, because it contains maybe relevant information:
LG-P990 Android 2.3.4 & Zeam Launcher with 32 GB external micro-SD

davitof

Post by davitof » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 am

No answer? Nobody can help me? The conclusion is that Neutron can't run reliably on my cellphone?

tigrrrlily

Post by tigrrrlily » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:46 am

For what it's worth, you're not the only one with UI responsiveness / blanking out / crashing issues, although I personally haven't had one crop up in the last few days and so haven't been moved to post.
So, perhaps. Or perhaps until the next major rev. Or maybe someone will swoop in and have an answer.
Does "cpu wake lock" make any difference? Shouldn't, but... hey.

davitof

Post by davitof » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks. I just set it on. I'll report back.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:36 pm

I am really sorry. Missed your thread completely!

What about 1.76.1? Is it working better? It had many bug fixes so it would be great to know if the problems you described are actual for current version too.

davitof

Post by davitof » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Ah, a new version seems even more promising than tigrrrlily's cpu wake lock :-) I don't have internet here, so I'll test cpu wake lock during my trip back to home, and I'll download the next version at home, I'll report about this too soon.
Last edited by davitof on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

davitof

Post by davitof » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:07 pm

The CPU wake lock did not work, so I unchecked it and downloaded 1.76.1. Testing...
Last edited by davitof on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.