Car Head Unit Mode

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Dohmar

Car Head Unit Mode

Post by Dohmar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:13 am

Hi Folks
Love the app. Planning to buy it within the fortnight. Would love to request a couple of things.
I'm running a Parrot Asteroid Smart head unit, and would love to make Neutron my default media player - I'd like to see a few things added however ;

-ability to receive a2dp audio from connected mobile phone - the standard application that comes with the parrot does this but its rather ordinary, and it doesnt do metadata.
-simpler navigation menus optimized for driving (ie everything is larger and super simplified)
-automatic play upon application boot - so when I load the application the next time, it'll pick up where it left off - maybe some status file that updates every 15 seconds?
-landscape mode (ie having the top bar represented vertically on the left and the bottom overlay rendered on the right)
-ability to use radio input/manipulate the tuner - i realize that this can possibly be very hard, nay impossible, but it would be the only thing missing from the OEM software.

I have quite a decent car audio setup, probably $2k worth of gear - and this application makes a huge difference in sound quality to the other applications I've used on this head unit. it works very nicely at the moment, but I reckon it could be even better given further development.

All up I love this app and cant wait to have the full version.
Thanks!
-Dohmar

Dohmar

Re: Car Head Unit Mode

Post by Dohmar » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 am

Paid for the full version this morning - NEON version works brilliantly in the Parrot Asteroid Smart - much smoother

Is there any way to code in the ability to autostart the player before the UI is loaded? A pre-load if you will?
Cheers
-D

nitephlight

Post by nitephlight » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:06 am

if you set Neutron to use a background service, it will stay running in memory so no need to reload DB or UI. then toggle Play on Power option to begin and stop playback with docking of phone or headset detection.

gl

Dohmar

Post by Dohmar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:13 am

Thanks for the tip nightphlight - did check that setting but unfortunately the parrot asteroid smart does a hard power off after 15 minutes of inactivity - if the unit is powered on before the 15 minutes, then neutron resumes as it did before - looks to be a limitation with the head units firmware I guess

-D

nitephlight

Post by nitephlight » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 am

curious about how this head unit works- when you say hard power down do you mean the entire OS is shutdown after 15min?