[FIXED] BB Z10 SDcard: Files are not detected

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
raycool

[FIXED] BB Z10 SDcard: Files are not detected

Post by raycool » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 am

Hello,

my Neutron player version is 1.68.2.4.

I have 345 MP3 files on my BlackBerry 10 SDcard, but Neutron does only find 68 of them.
The path to my SDcard music folder in the Neutron sources settings is //sdcard2/Music.

For example, this file (the whole folder Silhouettes) is not detected:
//sdcard2/Music/BLITZKIDS mvt/Silhouettes/01 - BLITZKIDS mvt - Water.mp3

On the other hand, this folder is detected (and I see no major difference in the path naming):
//scdard2/Music/Dire Straits/Alchemy Live/01 - Dire Straits - Once Upon a Time in the West.mp3

Now, when I copy an undetected folder from the SDcard to the internal device memory (which is also in sources settings), it suddenly works.
The path to my device memory music folder in the Neutron sources settings is //sdcard/Music.

So this one works:
//sdcard/Music/BLITZKIDS mvt/Silhouettes/01 - BLITZKIDS mvt - Water.mp3

It's obvious that the problem is not the MP3 file (metadata) itself, it must have something to to with the SDcard scanning.

Thanks,
raycool

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: BB Z10 SDcard: Files are not detected

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Hi Raycool!

Thank you for your details. This problem is known. Up to now the reason has not yet been revealed but I hope will be once dev. Z10 is received.

As you have noticed copying the same music files to internal storage and scanning them works ok, it means there is some specific behavior of OS API when files are on external SD. I treat it as bug from the OS side which requires some workaround.

Unfortunately Dev Alphas did not have external SD slot and thus it wasn't possible to test it before Z10 release.

What if you create manual source and select just //sdcard2/Music/BLITZKIDS mvt/Silhouettes folder, will it be scanned?

Best regards,
Dmitry.

raycool

Post by raycool » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 am

What if you create manual source and select just //sdcard2/Music/BLITZKIDS mvt/Silhouettes folder, will it be scanned?
No, it won't.
But thanks for taking care, I really hope your next release will fix that problem.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Ok, thank you for trying.

Yes, problem is really annoying and what is more important non-standard. SD card must work similar to internal storage but something goes wrong there. Once developer's Z10 is received it will be fixed immediately. Unfortunately Dev Alpha device did not have external SD slot :(

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

> I wonder how that will affect neutron?

It won't affect with anything bad. If file is playing which is currently on external SD Neutron will stop playback. If DB scanning (not refreshing) is happening nothing bad will happen, the process will stop.

I am thinking to add a button on Source entries which will allow to remove track entries from DB. For SDs it will be useful because tracks from removed SD won't mess with others in DB.

kasias

Post by kasias » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm hopeful you'll correct this issue as soon as possible. PLS
This player is king on the z10 atm, and I'm desperate to start using this and STOP using the flat sounding stock player.

Thanks to the dev for bringing this app to BB

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 am

But so far you can simply copy-paste your music files from SD to internal storage of device. BB informed that they will start sending dev. versions of Z10's to developers in 2 weeks time.

kasias

Post by kasias » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I have, and it works great. The only trouble with this is......I've filled it up already :D

primusd

Post by primusd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:42 am

dmitrykos wrote:But so far you can simply copy-paste your music files from SD to internal storage of device. BB informed that they will start sending dev. versions of Z10's to developers in 2 weeks time.
2 weeks.... what are the chances you are somewhere Dmitry where there is someone with a z10 you could use to fix this sooner? I would think it might not be too hard to reach out to the BB community if you are not somewhere remote??

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Dev Alpha A is already returned back to BlackBerry in exchange to dev. Z10 but it will be send within 1 week time only. Dev Alpha A did not have external SD slot.

There is Q10 emulator available which supports emulation of external SD (simply mounts to some folder of PC's HDD) but Neutron scanned all 4 GB of music without any problem. Q10 has BB 10.1 OS version, so I do not know whether OS bug was fixed or there is some very specific behavior of OS on real device. PlayBook and BB10 emulators usually were behaving exactly like real devices except CPU instructions so the situation is uncertain. The only way is to wait until dev. Z10 and reproduce this bug.

> 2 weeks.... what are the chances you are somewhere Dmitry where there is someone with a z10 you could use to fix this sooner?

Unfortunately there is none around with Z10 :(