USB DAC support on USB OTG enabled devices

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
TYA

Re: USB DAC support on USB OTG enabled devices

Post by TYA » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:34 am

Hi Evandro
You said correct. I also early find it.
Both VLC and Uapp sound more clarity than neutron and bit higher volume.
That can found by a smartphone alone, no need ext dac.
But for mobile devices mostly use with headphone when we talk about sound. In this term I like Neutron than others app. Sound from uapp makes me feel abit over sharpen via hp (need filter or eq).
Neutron with phase invert is valuable to use with headphone.

Ralph.S

Post by Ralph.S » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi, I'd also love to see Neutron using USB-DAC, in my case for this beast: http://m.store.sony.com/products/27-M~MDR1ADAC. I can play Hires audio with USB-Audio Player or Onkyo HD Player, but they don't offer the options I have with Neutron.

corley

Post by corley » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:39 pm

http://hifi.me/android-dac - this one is 16-bit only... but...
http://hifi.me/DACs/sabre-dac-uae23 - this one can work as 24 bit, needs a small OTG adapter.

It's awesome.

I have a question for the maker of Neutron, I have a Galaxy SIII and a Nexus 7 2013. The Nexus 7 is on lollipop, so I gather I will definitely be outputting 24-bit to the device through lollipop's ALSA driver.

What about the Galaxy SIII - Jelly bean itself doesn't support 24-bit through ALSA, but is your program able to circumvent this in any way? There are options for 32-bit out to the hardware if possible, but the dither option is clearly to help with devices that only support 16-bit at the final output stage.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:33 pm

corey, on earlier than 5+ Android OS versions Neutron must talk to USB DAC directly and it is in to-do. It will also make possible to change frequency which is limited by Android.

igoran

Post by igoran » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi.
First of all, thnx for this great pro audio app! I use it everyday.
I'm a BB10 platform user, device Passport. OS: last leak 10.3.2.2389

I have Fiio E17K Alpen 2 and it doesn't properly work in NMP. It has recognized by system as USB Audio device. And standart Music app work great with it at 48/16.
I think NMP see it directly, because after connect my Fiio to phone in Audio Hardware section i can choose several Sample rates (44100, 48000, 96000) opposite only 48000 at stock. And output bit display change to 32 (without Fiio it only 16). But then i hit play, I hear only white noise in left channel, and crispy quiet music in right. Looks like stream from phone to Fiio is in bad format for Fiio. Can it be fixed in NMP, or it is a BB10 API bug?
If needed, I can test additional things on request. :)

And, I'm interesting, why NMP haven't option to change Output Bit Depth? Probably it can fix this issue....

Fahrenheit

Post by Fahrenheit » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:05 am

yesterday I bought an iBasso D-Zero MK2 portable DAC/AMP, and I can tell it works like a charm connected to my HTC One X+ (running 4.2 rooted), together with Philips FIdelio M1 mkII headphones and NMP (of course!). The sound is actually more clear and bright, with a great instrument separation. :D

ClieOS

Post by ClieOS » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 am

Keep getting error fff70001 with the latest update whenever there is a USB DAC connected to my Xperia Z3+, even when I didn't enable the direct USB DAC output. So far I have tried two USB DAC: iFi micro iDSD and Oppo HA-2. Both runs just fine with Onkyo HF Player and USB Audio Player Pro on direct USB DAC output mode, so I assume the problem lies with the latest build of Neutron.

muddy

Post by muddy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:50 pm

ClieOS wrote:Keep getting error fff70001 with the latest update whenever there is a USB DAC connected to my Xperia Z3+, even when I didn't enable the direct USB DAC output. So far I have tried two USB DAC: iFi micro iDSD and Oppo HA-2. Both runs just fine with Onkyo HF Player and USB Audio Player Pro on direct USB DAC output mode, so I assume the problem lies with the latest build of Neutron.
I'm getting this as well on my LG G4 with both my FiiO Q1 and iBasso D-Zero Mk2 DAC's.
Used to work fine on the Q1 before the update.
Actually it just closes when I open it, but sometimes I get the above.

Fahrenheit wrote:yesterday I bought an iBasso D-Zero MK2 portable DAC/AMP, and I can tell it works like a charm connected to my HTC One X+ (running 4.2 rooted), together with Philips FIdelio M1 mkII headphones and NMP (of course!). The sound is actually more clear and bright, with a great instrument separation. :D
How did you get it working with the D-Zero Mk2 it does not see it at all for me, only worked on the FiiO Q1 until this latest update.

ClieOS

Post by ClieOS » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:29 am

Just update to the latest build and still facing the same error fff70001

ClieOS

Post by ClieOS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:35 am

ClieOS wrote:Just update to the latest build and still facing the same error fff70001
Updated to the latest again and this time error 'fff70022'