[WORKAROUND] Playbook purchasing problem

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
greasemonkey

[WORKAROUND] Playbook purchasing problem

Post by greasemonkey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm having problems purchasing this app on my Playbook:
On hitting “purchase”, the app store asks for my i.d. and password (itself unusual) then displays “authenticating” followed by an error box,referring me to Blackberry App World Support and quoting error code 35005.

Have you seen this behaviour before?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Playbook purchasing problem

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi! :) Most probably there is something wrong with App World app on your device. Have you tried rebooting it?

greasemonkey

Post by greasemonkey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:14 am

Hi,
I just tried rebooting again. As expected, it still displayed the problem (Ihad previously bought a different app straight after failing with Neutron – sorry, I should have mentioned that).

I have had this consistently with Neutron over 3-4 weeks, after the previous version had told me there was an upgrade available, which had failed to install. The app then crashed each time I started it, so I deleted it and tried to install it from a 'virgin' machine.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:34 am

Hi bb10believer! :)

Thank you for the valuable input. I did not know that App World cache can be easily reset.

greasemonkey, it would be great if you could try resetting cache of App World app and comment whether it helped you, so we all would have working solution for such kind of problem.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

greasemonkey

Post by greasemonkey » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Well, thanks to you both, I now have a working Neutron player!
I opened the App World, as suggested, then, using workaround 1 at http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB32876 I refreshed the “my world” list. I then went to the “uninstalled” tab in “my world” where Neutron MP was listed, hit the reinstall button opposite it and hey presto – it re-downloaded and reinstalled. It now works. I then also went to workaround 2 and followed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24714 to reset the App World cache too.
Result!
Thanks guys.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:25 am

This is great that it worked! :) Will use this forum thread as workaround for other PB users who are experiencing similar issues. It looks like a problem is coming from the side of the OS, namely App World app functionality and it is not that rare...

Adorum15

Re: [WORKAROUND] Neutron Music Player licence problem

Post by Adorum15 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:43 pm

Buen día, pueden ayudarme con este problema?... Compre la aplicación Neutron Music Player hace unos meses por Play Store, la aplicación funciona bien y se ha ido actualizando con el tiempo, hasta que el día de hoy decidí probar la versión "NeutronMP_NEON.apk For users who purchased from the Google Play Store or PayPro". porque tenia problemas de lag en mi smartphone, sin embargo al iniciar Neutron aparece abajo en el menú la leyenda "Buy now. If aplication is already purchased report the problem to the developer" Probé reinstalar la versión normal, de echo la Play Store permite descargarla, pero la leyenda continua en el menú en la parte inferior, presioné esa opción pero no sucede nada, que esta pasando? como se puede arreglar el problema de la licencia si ya pague por ella? de verdad me encariñe con Neutron porque es el mejor reproductor que me he topado.
Espero de antemano su respuesta admin.
Saludos! (:

EmptyHead

Re: [WORKAROUND] Playbook purchasing problem

Post by EmptyHead » Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am

I've tried these and none of them work. I don't get any messages, the button 'clicks' but there is nothing after that and I cannot even access the payment settings. I find (after rebooting the machine) that it will come back to the initial condition that I can select the payment method, put in my details, but then the dialog disappears and we are back to the beginning of the first/second sentence of this post...
Essentially, I can download and install apps, but can purchase none of them.
Application developers, if any of them could still be bothered, but still want to make any money, should always offer the free version and subsequently ask for an activation code that users can purchase on their site, thus bypassing the pathetic Blackberry payment system, as Blackberry clearly have no interest in fixing this issue.