Album Art [DONE]

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Handy Mandy

Album Art [DONE]

Post by Handy Mandy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 pm

First, I am very happy with the sound quality of the Neutrino player!

But one thing isn't working as I expected. It is not the most importend thing but I would like to have it working:
The album art is not displayed in the Neutron player.
In the standard Android player the album art is displayed for the same music files.

Device: SGS i9000, 2.3.3
The music files were copied from a MacOSX SnowLeo to the sdcard of the SGS.

Is there anything I can do to display the album art.

Thanks and best regards.

Acinamoras

Re: Album Art

Post by Acinamoras » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:30 am

Just to get this out of the way and make sure it isn't the problem, you are aware that the app has three screens/tabs? However you refer to them. The middle one has all the controls, the right one has the songs/playlists and the left one shows the album art. I never use the album art one so I don't really know about what shows up and what doesn't. If you're there and there's no pictures, maybe it's just a file format issue?
Also, the music player is Neutron, not neutrino :)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 am

> The album art is not displayed in the Neutron player.

Do you mean not displayed in Playlist section, in place of Album icons? If so, then yes, it is not yet implemented but will be.

As to Album Art screen (left-side from Main), if you do not have it displayed, what type of images do you have? Currently supported are: JPG, PNG, BMP. I can later add other formats. Could you e-mail me one of your not displayed images to neutronmp@gmail.com? I would study their format and implement/fix support in Neutron.

Handy Mandy

Post by Handy Mandy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:40 pm

The album art isn't displayed on any of the three screens (left, middle, right).

More notes:
- the files were copied per drag (from iTunes windows) & drop (finder/sdcard).
- the album art was downloaded by iTunes.
- I don't know the type of the images and I can't find any images in the iTunes library. Is it possible that the images are part of the mp3 files?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 pm

> Is it possible that the images are part of the mp3 files?

ID3v2 tags allow to store image data inside MP3, I do not know if iTunes modifies tags and insert such metadata. If you could you e-mail me one of your MP3 I would check it. Other music players may also have ability to auto-download Album Art from internet by using information from MP3 tags. Neutron does not support downloading yet but it will be implemented. For now, for album art to be displayed you need to have JPG/PNG/BMP image inside the folder with album music files. If you could e-mail me one of your MP3s I could also check if they contain embedded image.

Handy Mandy

Post by Handy Mandy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Two more note to clarify:
I only copied music files. At the SGS in my Music folder are only mp3 and a few m4a files. No image files.

I googled just right and found that iTunes stores the album art in a mp3 tag.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Ok, thank you. Will review the possibility to read Image data from MP3 as well.