Neutron automatically starts with DAC insert even when told NOT to

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Rod2

Neutron automatically starts with DAC insert even when told NOT to

Post by Rod2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm

I have wrestled with this for months now.

LG Pad x 8.0

neutron works great with Dragonfly DAC except for one thing

it automatically launches when I insert the DCA, even tho that setting is turned off and always has been.

No other music player, such as poweramp, can use the DAC. For example, if I start poweramp, plug in the Dragonfly.... Neutron immediately starts and even if I shut it down, poweramp cannot use the DAC.

Is there any way to truly turn this OFF? Am I missing a setting besides the one in Connections and Controls, Play if Output Attached? Is there another place to look for something else to turn off as well?

blaubär

Re: Neutron automatically starts with DAC insert even when told NOT to

Post by blaubär » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Rod2 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm
Is there any way to truly turn this OFF? Am I missing a setting besides the one in Connections and Controls, Play if Output Attached? Is there another place to look for something else to turn off as well?
Sorry, there isn't much on the dragonfly, I only found these references, probably obsolete by now :
FlockOfDimes wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:33 am
I have an issue where only Neutron is able to output to the DAC. Any other app will output to the phone speakers, which is not desirable.
dmitrykos wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:23 pm
I confirm the problem in the latest 1.92.2 update on iOS. The temporary workaround until next update would be to switch off Hardware Gain in Audio Hardware settings. Next update will be release in the end of this week, so will go live on devices early on next (depends on Apple). I am really sorry for this unfortunate issue!
If you don't find a solution, write to the developer at neutronmp@gmail.com

fumoretti

Re: Neutron automatically starts with DAC insert even when told NOT to

Post by fumoretti » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Rod2 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 pm
I have wrestled with this for months now.

LG Pad x 8.0

neutron works great with Dragonfly DAC except for one thing

it automatically launches when I insert the DCA, even tho that setting is turned off and always has been.

No other music player, such as poweramp, can use the DAC. For example, if I start poweramp, plug in the Dragonfly.... Neutron immediately starts and even if I shut it down, poweramp cannot use the DAC.

have you tried to disable "Direct USB access" option on Neutron ? on your Android settings, clear "App Defaults" for Neutron. This should help too.
Maybe you accepted Neutron as default device to open when connected your DAC first time.

hope this helps.