How to *sync* music with computer

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dwwfti

How to *sync* music with computer

Post by dwwfti » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm

I just got np with the intention of using sync software so i could sync my collection with my iphone and then listen to it with np. Since then i discovered that it seems all synced data is sandboxed and not usable by other apps, like np (i am coming from android so am still new to iphone).

Since it seems that using separate sync software is not an option I am trying to figure out how to actually sync my music from my computer (linux) with my iphone so that np can play it.

In playing around with the settings it seems that options are streaming or downloading (rather than two way syncing), am i understanding this right? when i get new music i like to listen a few times, add various metadata (rating, etc) and sometimes do that on my computer sometimes on my phone.

So with the above in mind, what options if any do I have to achieve the afore mentioned use senerio with np?

Thanks in advance!

Beakman

Re: How to *sync* music with computer

Post by Beakman » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 pm

This may not be the best answer but I use a Mega cloud storage account to safekeep all my music files and an app called Megasync to distribute these files amongst all my devices.
I'll download or burn music to my pc, create mirror folders of the pc folders on the Mega cloud and tell mega to sync with that, which it will automatically after setup.
On the various devices I setup Megasync to sync with the mega cloud folders, either two way or to download only (usually the latter, less chance of deletions) to same-named folders on the device. Mega sync can be scheduled or done manually. I have Neutron scan those device folders as the media files.
So- download/burn file, auto upload to Mega cloud, auto sync to device folders, Neutron auto scan folders at S/U, and wallah, the new music is played on the device.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:40 am

dwwfti wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm
I just got np with the intention of using sync software so i could sync my collection with my iphone and then listen to it with np. Since then i discovered that it seems all synced data is sandboxed and not usable by other apps, like np (i am coming from android so am still new to iphone).

Since it seems that using separate sync software is not an option I am trying to figure out how to actually sync my music from my computer (linux) with my iphone so that np can play it.
In short, that's not a problem to be solved by the music player.

Apple won't let you sync the music on your iPhone other than by using Apple software (iTunes). Generally speaking there is no iTunes for linux. Which doesn't mean that it's impossible to use it : https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-itu ... ux-1999251

If you really want to sync an iPhone with a PC, and don't want to do any experiments, but have a supported solution, you'll have to switch the PC's operating system from linux to windows.

theSplund

Post by theSplund » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:54 am

I use iSyncr to sync my specific (Smart) playlists in iTunes to my FiiO X5iii - as I have 2 SD cards and the internal storage I have to do this in three steps. iSyncr keeps the file structure and copies some other stuff back/forth when used with JRT Studios player (which sadly cannot cope with a large library, nor soudsn as good as Neutron) - it's not expensive and I find it invaluable (I'm not affiliated BTW)