Neutron as DNLA/uPnP renderer volume control bug

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Neutralizer

Neutron as DNLA/uPnP renderer volume control bug

Post by Neutralizer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:07 pm

There is a problem controlling Neutron's volume when used as a DLNA/uPnP renderer. It does not respond to volume increments, or at times responds to just one or two and then no more.

So, controller apps that can only do that (increments/decrements), like Linn Kinsky or Kazoo, have problem changing Neutron's volume. BubbleUPnP also has the same problem when trying to increase or decrease volume by steps.

Neutron responds only when you slide BubbleUPnP's slider to a totally new position (which looks like it's calling some kind of absolute volume setting function? to which Neutron correctly responds? ).

Neutralizer

Re: Neutron as DNLA/uPnP renderer volume control bug

Post by Neutralizer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:38 pm

After playing around more with this, the problem seems to be that neutron is not reporting it's volume change, so the controller has no feedback whether the command to increment it or decrement it was carried out.

Say I change the volume to 80 through neutron's own UI. The controller is informed and sees the new volume. If I then use the controller to increment it by one, the controller instructs neutron to set the volume at 81 which neutron successfully carries out. But the controller still shows the volume being 80 (that's why I think neutron is not reporting the volume change).

So the next press of the increment volume button on the controller will instruct neutron to go to 81 (again, since the controller thinks neutron is still at 80).

If I press the decrease volume button on the controller, neutron goes to 79 (as expected if the above explanation is correct). So finally I can only set the volume to 79 or 81. It all fits the above explanation.

Please take a look at it..

nachogo

Post by nachogo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi, this exact volume problem, in my case using BubbleUpnp with Tidal and NEON as renderer, is still (April 2020) happening.

Would be great to enjoy a fix to it.

Thanks a lot.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:26 pm

Neutralizer wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:38 pm
Say I change the volume to 80 through neutron's own UI. The controller is informed and sees the new volume. If I then use the controller to increment it by one, the controller instructs neutron to set the volume at 81 which neutron successfully carries out. But the controller still shows the volume being 80 (that's why I think neutron is not reporting the volume change).
What happens if you have the volume at 80 and set a new (absolute, not incremental) value of 81 ? And then to 82, 83, etc ? Does all this work ? I'm asking to make sure that the problem has nothing to do with Neutron not having all the volume steps.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:27 pm

nachogo wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:18 pm
Hi, this exact volume problem, in my case using BubbleUpnp with Tidal and NEON as renderer, is still (April 2020) happening.
So NEON renders ... and what does Neutron do in your setup ?

nachogo

Post by nachogo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:25 pm

I meant NEUTRON (NEON was a misstype)