25% faster version for NEON powered 32-bit ARM CPUs

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
mucci

Re: 25% Faster version of Neutron for NEON powered CPUs

Post by mucci » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Just discovered this. Is neon also running on my Galaxy Note?

Great work!

mucci

Post by mucci » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Just downloaded the neon version of the brand new release (19th March) and it works flawlessly on my Galaxy Note! Thanks, awesome job!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:46 pm

That's good :) In 1.52 I optimized Surround effect as well. On Galaxy S it gave almost 4 times speedup! (400%) on Galaxy S2 around 40% but also good. Probably Galaxy S2 has faster VFP unit (floating point co-processor) than S1, so Samsung is progressing in chip design. But on top of everyone is VFP by Nvidia on Tegra2. Neutron consumes there max 6-7% on dual-core 1 Ghz CPU!

Eduardomec

Post by Eduardomec » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi guys, first time here. I`ve been using this player for a couple of days now and am positively impressed, even though there is room for improvement. I`ve purchased the piece to support the developer and maybe to be able to help in eliminating the gaps that hinder some productivity.

Question is: I've downloaded the player a couple of days ago on the Google Play and it self updated yesterday. Does it already incorporate this faster version mentioned on this thread? My understanding is that I`d have to download an APK and manually install - is that correct?

I own a Galaxy S2 and the purchase was done two days ago.

Cheers, Ed

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi Ed!

If you update from the Play Store then you need to update to NEON version from Neutron web-site again. Or you can disable auto-update in Play Store app for Neutron and update it manually when notification comes.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

Nirmalanow

Post by Nirmalanow » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and to Android, but I should be getting a new Nexus 10 tablet delivered today. Reading about this NEON version of Neutron makes me wonder if it would work with the Nexus 10. Does that have a NEON capable chip?

Thanks, and I look forward to trying out the Neutron player.

Nirmala

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Nirmala, All new powerful ARMv7 devices have NEON SIMD in CPU. NEON is absent in NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPUs but it is obsolete already.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:29 am

> How I can install Neon version?

Actually NEON SIMD must be supported by CPU of your device but it seems NEON part is disabled in it, or there are some bugs in the firmware which prevent Neutron startup. Generally it must work on Galaxy Note 2.

> difference between samsung and google version of neon

Different stores: e.g. if you purchased on Google Play then Google Play version is for you, Samsung - is for Samsung Apps users.

Kozlow67

Post by Kozlow67 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Hello !
sorry for my poor english... I would congratulate this good player and so, his owner !!!

for the néon version, how can we be sure that our equipment is capable to use this version ?

I have no smartphone just this Pmp : Samsung galaxy Wi-Fi 5

When I run the Neon settings ("Audio hardware"), at the CPU line, its notified : ARMv7+NEON

thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

Hello :)

If CPU field is showing ARMv7+NEON then NEON is supported and if VEC is showing NEON then it is NEON optimized version of Neutron.

Normally majority ARMv7 CPUs are with NEON unit. There famous non-NEON cpus are NVIDIA Tegra2.

Best regards,
Dmitry.