playlist editing

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
Acinamoras

playlist editing

Post by Acinamoras » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 am

First off, that last update you did... THANK YOU. I was starting to go a little crazy from not being able to play my music. The app would fail at parsing the playlist 70% of the time and then prevent me from trying again until I restarted the phone. Killing the app process and forcing it to restart wouldn't work. But your update fixed everything.

Now to the suggestions... there's 2 of them. To start with, is there any way to rename a playlist? I'm losing track of which playlist contains which artist and I can't figure out a way to change the playlist name. Second, is there a way to edit individual items within the playlist? The option to delete them from the playlist and sd card or at least just the playlist would be very useful. I often put new music on my phone I haven't fully listened to and then find single songs I want to remove. It would save a lot of trouble to simply be able to do it from the app instead of going into the phone files, deleting the song, and then having to delete the playlist and remake it to not have the song listed there still.

Thanks for making such a great media player.
And just wondering... any chance on a version of this for the computer? That would be pretty awesome.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: playlist editing

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:42 am

Hi and welcome to Neutron :D

> app would fail at parsing the playlist 70% of the time

Hmm, I am glad that update also fixed such issue blindly! I am trying to improve parsing code all the time, so with time being it will also become faster. I suspect that such deadlocking on 70% could happen due to mistakes in code which was parsing tags and file format, most probably also a crash bug in one of decoders which I fixed.

> To start with, is there any way to rename a playlist?

Currently UI does not have such ability, but I will add it soon. It is planned. Also more flexible management of Playlist entries (deleting moving between playlists, merging playlists and etc) will be implemented. Just need time for all this.

> any chance on a version of this for the computer?

The primary development platform is Windows, so it is working on Windows PC without problem. It can also work on Linux and MacOSX PCs. May be with time being, after major features are completed, and having demand for such platforms it will be possible to assemble public executables for them. By the way on Windows/Linux/Mac Neutron has capability to output to multiple channels (4.1, 5.1, 7.1).

Acinamoras

Post by Acinamoras » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:44 pm

I've searched around trying to find the windows version but don't see it anywhere. Is it under a different name? Or is there a way to install the apk file to windows which I don't know? Thanks.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 am

There is no public Windows version release yet, thus you won't find it. To be released on Windows it will be required to make an installer and etc.. I still have quite big road-map which need to complete first in order to start thinking about additional platform.

TheAlmightyOs

Post by TheAlmightyOs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Would it be possible to improve playlist creation? Currently you can only add directories. This is great if you want to make a playlist of an artist or album. But it is quite clumbersome if you want to make a "mix cd" of sorts. An option to add individual files would drasticaly reduce the amount of time it takes to create such a playlist

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Ok, will think about it! I could also try to implement support for M3U maybe...

Valluvaraj

Post by Valluvaraj » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:02 pm

It is much joy to know that the play list option is going to be made easy. Practically, everybody wants to add songs to a playlist with giving them their own name according to the songs sounds (good bass, good lyrics etc) or nature i.e love, sad, duet etc. and also want to add song at the time it is playing. More over if liked songs option is included it is very much useful to add a song immediately to liked one then it can be added to the playlist. Thanks for giving such a wonderful audio quality to the android platform. Now I am enjoying it daily.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:19 pm

Valluvaraj wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:02 pm
It is much joy to know that the play list option is going to be made easy.
You've noticed that this is an very old thread, and most of the issuess discussed have been implemented ?