Store track being played as local file

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
herrm_no

Store track being played as local file

Post by herrm_no » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:04 pm

[topic renamed by mod due to move to development]

Hello.
I use Neutron additional to play music from my NAS.
During the listening i like to download some mp3 that i can use it without NET Connection .
Is there a easy possibilty to do this.
Perhaps there is a workaround but i have find no way.
The Implemented Tool Share would be a good way but this is not working during playing a title from a NAS
Regards
herrm_no :cry:

blaubär

Re: Download mp3 from NAS

Post by blaubär » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:14 pm

So you have a network attached storage. You use Neutron to play mp3 files which reside there. And sometimes you would like not only to play the file but simultaneously copy it to your local storage.

Did I understand that correctly ?

herrm_no

Post by herrm_no » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Hello
thanks for you fast answer.
I think you have understand my question correctly.

I have not the Problem to download them with an file explorer. But this is to awkward if you like to do it with more than 1 title during your listening.
At the moment i have a workaround with foobar2000. This tool has this possibility. But i like to use only one tool and not a lot of different tools for special tasks.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Does anybody know a way to do this with Neutron ?
If not I'll move this topic to Development as it would be a feature request.

blaubär

Re: Store track being played as local file

Post by blaubär » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:53 pm

A user proposes to add a functionality : optionally store the track being played as a local file.
( The user proposed this for the special case of tracks being played from network attached storage, but why restrict it ? Any legal issues ?
Perhaps if this were to be done for a stream, the command to store locally would have to be given beforehand ?
And there would have to be some dialogue to specify the target directory and file )

herrm_no

Post by herrm_no » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Normally the function is included but it is not working.
If you select a music file you can say "share" after that i get the possibility (in my case) with the insatalled "fx Explorer" - "Save As" . If you play a local Handy MP3 than this function is working. If you play/use a Network MP3 than you can select this "share" function too but nothing will happen.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Ah ... good to know :lol:
So then the existing share probably is just a copy ... and the proposal would be not to copy a local file but instead to grab the data from inside Neutron's processing, so that this will work for any type of source ... or should this already work for any type of source ? Then it would be a bug ( and I'll move the topic again :lol: )

herrm_no

Post by herrm_no » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Hello Blaubär
I do not really understand your answer.
Is your answer now a statement or an additional question.
Is it a bug and you move the topic or is it no bug.
In my opinion it is a bug
But which bug
1) the share function should not be visible if you like to use it with an nas - or you should get a message that it is not possible
2) or the share function should work with an nas and the bug is that it is not working

At the end it would be nice to have a possibility to transfer a music file from the nas to the handy. If the share button will work or an addition function will be added.
Regards
herrm_no

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:26 pm

As I don't know whether it's supposed to work I don't know whether it's a bug.
I agree : the GUI shouldn't offer to share if it isn't supposed to work, so at least this is very likely a bug.
If this is only of interest to you alone probably nothing will happen anyway, so here's the question to all users: is anybody else affected ? If not for NAS, then perhaps for other source types ?