USB DAC support on USB OTG enabled devices

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
fermelom

Re: USB DAC support on USB OTG enabled devices

Post by fermelom » Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 am

Hi!
I activated the option "HW Gain" on the section of "Audio Hardware". That changes the volume slider for a "gain" slider. I use the gain at 100% while using an external DAC. After reading your post I made an experiment, same DAC/AMP, same headphones, different source, android device or laptop... It sounds pretty close, I think that the main difference in my case is a slightly different configuration of the crossfeed, it sounds better from the laptop (linux low latency kernel), that's why I made a post requesting the Bauer Stereo to Binaural as the crossfed featured in Neutron MP, cos' the library is open.
"
''

gialandra

Post by gialandra » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Today I'm happy because for the first time I can hear Neutron output trough my Fiio E17+E09K external DAC-ampli ;)

Thank you boys: http://mehrvarz.github.io/nexus-7-usbrom/
Marco

JIMV

Post by JIMV » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:15 am

My Droid Razor HD works fine with High Rez files out the USB port as follows...Droid>USB Audio Recorder Pro>OTG cable>Fiio E07K headphone amp/DAC>headphones or powered speakers...Sounds great and plays better than anything I can get out of any phone app alone...the DAC in the phone is limited to CD quality.

DanBa

Post by DanBa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 am

Another USB Audio "soft driver" for Android:
http://winaudiomls.de/joomla/index.php/ ... iew/15/127

"Many android based smartphones and tablets have an integrated USB-host interface. They support e.g. mass storage device, keyboard, mouse 3G surfsticks but NO audio devices.

The android OS supports audio but not external USB audio devices.

Today, there are many USB audio devices offering a rich feature set and high-end audio quality. In addition, there are many Audio apps. But none of them can access external devices, because there exist no API.

We developed a low level API, which allows app developer to support USB devices.

Features
supports USB audio class compliant devices
synchronous input and output
low latency
2 channels input and output
up to 24bit 192khz

Requirements
Android >3.2
no root access required
USB host interface

We offer a basic demo app, demonstrating the basic features. You can check the compatibility with your platform.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.usbaudio
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... baudioroot

These Apps are designed as technical demonstration.

License
We offer a commercial license either binary as a library or full source code.

Prices
The full source code cost 2000 Euro /one time/ unlimited use except reselling or sub-licensing"

The USB Audio function of USB Audio Recorder PRO is the other USB Audio "soft driver" for Android.
http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

"We are also NOT affiliated with a program called 'USB Audio Recorder', 'USB Audio Tester' or 'USB Field Recorder' on the Play Store!"

TYA

Post by TYA » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Neutron + iBasso Dzero + HD650
good combination

hifi25nl

Post by hifi25nl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 pm

I have a system with Netron Player + Minix X5 + ODAC. The sound is very good.
The ODAC is connected to standard usb port.

However I have a question: with 96 khz music file Neutron Player will send 96 Khz sampling rate to Dac or not?
If yes, what is happening to 192 khz files?

hifi25nl

Post by hifi25nl » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 pm

I think that you can have 192 khz only with "Usb audio recorder pro" or "Usb audio player pro".

Neutron will NOT play at highres sampling rate for the moment.

I fear that the collaboration with "Usb audio recorder pro" author will not go on, since now he is selling the new "Usb audio player pro"...

In my case (minix X5) that player is not working...

JIMV

Post by JIMV » Sat May 10, 2014 9:31 pm

hifi25nl wrote:I think that you can have 192 khz only with "Usb audio recorder pro" or "Usb audio player pro".

Neutron will NOT play at highres sampling rate for the moment.

I fear that the collaboration with "Usb audio recorder pro" author will not go on, since now he is selling the new "Usb audio player pro"...

In my case (minix X5) that player is not working...
I use a pretty effective rig....HTC One (M8)>USB Audio Player Pro>Audioquest Dragonfly (V2) and get 24/96 out without issues. I use Neutron for my wife's phone and tablet but for serious music, music recorded at better than CD quality, I use the only app that lets me play. If Neutron figures out how to do USB audio out, I'll give it a serious listen as it has the better features package by far....Till then, you are my fall back app.

gialandra

Post by gialandra » Mon May 19, 2014 8:46 am

With Note 3 and Dragonfly I 'm switching to USB Audio Player Pro even if I leave Neutron crying. But a joint venture with the two authors is really impossible?

Evandro

Post by Evandro » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi,
I´ve done several tests with Neutron and UAPP (USB Player Pro). My test setup is:

Galaxy S4 USB out > Fiio E18 > Astrotec AX-60

Even with tracks with 16bit/44khz, UAPP sound is much better than Neutron. Its more clean, more detailed, sound stage is bigger and bass is tight. I don´t know why, but it may be due to the conversion made by Android from 44khz to 48khz loosing SQ. This kind of conversion does not occur with UAPP because of the proprietary USB driver.
I expect that with Android L this difference in SQ with 16bit/44khz tracks will be solved (I will have to test), but for all other encodings the difference in SQ will remain.

My choice of players is:
UAPP when playing to external DAC (serious listening)
Neutron when playing through Android internals.