search

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
mihai

search

Post by mihai » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi all,

so, i'm sorry for not searching around first if this was already discussed.
also, this is more of a feature request, if i'm in the wrong section, sorry..

i just bought neutron today.
getting used to the UI, i'm a long time powermap user, but i was convinced by the audio quality of this app. good stuff.

2 regrets though.
1, will look around, maybe there is a guide to make the app battery friendly, because this thing EATS up juice like nothing i've ever seen :(
2, and the reason i'm writing.
SEARCH..
is there a chance this app can get a search rework?
either i do not know how to use it, or it's... limited at best.

i have to bring up poweramp, but the search it had, just made sense.
when i search something in neutron, it only looks at the main element of the list. to make myself clear, if i'm in track list, it just looks at track name, if in artist list, it looks at artist, so forth.
furthermore, it takes me to the first item that matches the search. if that is not it, i need to hit next, to see the next one. if there are 20, and i want the last one, i need to hit next 20 times???

how it should work:
you type in something, and it makes a list of all songs that contain the characters you typed. doesn't matter if they were found in name/artist/album field.
a new list is generated with those elements, so i can easily scroll and pick out what i need.
would this not make more sense?

i've been looking for a replacement player for powermap for some time, and i've seen many others that do search like this.
given the audio quality of this product i'd be willing to put up with battery drain, and a slightly weird UI if i could at least have a handy search.

thanks!

the_impossible_dream

Re: search

Post by the_impossible_dream » Wed May 06, 2015 1:20 am

Further to the search request, I would LOVE IT if I were able to search a whole folder, which included subfolders. As it stands right now, I can only search the folder I am in, at that level only.

I have a huge music collection, and sometimes can't remember where a song might be...either I forgot the artist name, so can't look it up by that, or it might be in a compilation somewhere. If I were able to search my while music collection from the highest level folder, it would make this app sooooo much better.

thanks