UI controls

Submit your proposals and ideas here.
adbo

UI controls

Post by adbo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 am

once again, hi Dmitry!
i have annoying problem when using EQ & GAIN controls. on my device (HTC Desire Z) with 480x800 resolution, it's very difficult to manage level because the control point aria is too small for finger. think it will be better to add UP & DOWN arrow controls beside those sliders with little step for one tap (for more precision tuning).
BTW, many of controls (font size in SETTINGS too) in Neutron UI also seems to be uncomfortably small :(

many regards, Ed

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: UI controls

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Ed :)

> control point aria is too small for finger
I will add gain slider into Settings -> UI section. There sliders are bigger and also they have numeric value displayed.

> fonts, controls small
I just need to balance between fitting many different things. Will try to improve situation with size/usability.

adbo

Post by adbo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:17 pm

>I just need to balance between fitting many different things
i understand, and try to help you someway :oops: .
some time ago i worked in industrial designing projects and may to say there is enough space to make controls more comfortable in main screen of your player, with no damages for style which exists now. for example, EQ sliders scale range (in main screen of course) is huge, no devices either no headphones can apply such range without disturb. for example 2, there is 5 rather big buttons (SHUFFLE, LOOP, FADE, PREAMP, EQ) and there is 5 captions near by.. which too small to read but too big for "eats" the screen...
when i will find THE TIME ( :D :D just remembering your words) to do pictures, i will email it to you

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Just now was working on some UI design improvements which touches areas you mentioned :)

> no devices either no headphones can apply such range without disturb
While it is true for headphones, it may be useful if device is connected to speakers (like I'm listening it for example). I've already added sliders for dB to EQ setup screen and now it is possible to see dB value for each and sliders there are quite big. So tunning EQ precisely is now easier.

> and there is 5 captions near by..
If I remove captions many users will not know the function each button bears. Anyway I am trying to improve this area too.

Later will add possibility to switch Art and Main screens, and will advance sliding out panel on art screen. So those who like simpler design would prefer having button-less screen and screen with controls will stay on the left. Something like that...

adbo

Post by adbo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:09 am

Ok, thanks!