[INVESTIGATING] Wont detect music when scanning on PB

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Neutron wont detect music when scanning on PB

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Ok, thank you for the clarification. I used 'BlackBerry Desktop Software' for Windows for testing synchronization.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 am

djandyskinner, are you using Android, or PlayBook version?

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 pm

Has anyone tried the 1.68 on a PlayBook? It does not seem to correctly recognize the screen size.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 pm

otaku313 wrote:Has anyone tried the 1.68 on a PlayBook? It does not seem to correctly recognize the screen size.
Yes, problem exists. Details here: http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1112

otaku313

Re: [INVESTIGATING] Wont detect music when scanning on PB

Post by otaku313 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 pm

I am glad that the new version is finally posted, but as I feared it has not fixed the problem with scanning music files on my PlayBook.

If I scan an individual artists' folder it works fine (usually), but if I scan the whole Music folder it churns for about two minutes and then returns "Error: Zero path!"
I am not sure how to proceed. If there is a way to delete all of the Neutron database info and start clean I might try it, although I am afraid that if that does not work then I'll need to manually scan each of my artist folders again, which is way not fun.

Any suggestions?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:55 pm

May be you could try the following:

Create source entry and select manually some folders inside your music top-level folder. Then check whether Neutron scanned it. If ok, create source for some next folders and so on. If that is possible.

The reason of 'Zero path' (in your case) is that probably there is some error happening during scanning which is usually caused by the metadata of music file and with method above it is possible to localize problematic files. I would appreciate having one of them for analysis and fix development.

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

I sent you the file, and then I took another look at the directories. There are two album folders under the artist name (which is Mexicans with Guns). There is one folder with a short name that shows up in the Windows Explorer is MXMZQE~U, and there is another one called Gusto, which I must have created while investigating this problem. The Source browser (and iTunes) show the album as Me Gusto 12" (note the quote mark). When I create the Source using the folder called Gusto, the song loads and plays, and the album name shows up as Me Gusto 12' (Note the single quote). When I create the source from the MXMZQE~U directory the scan fails.
Is it possible that the MXMZQE~U directory has a long name of Me Gusto 12" that I am not seeing in Windows Explorer? And is it possible you are not escaping the quotation mark when passing the SQL to the database?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 pm

> And is it possible you are not escaping the quotation mark when passing the SQL to the database?

Yes, it was the bug that caused failure of SQL query. The problem is fixed now and in next update (not in 1.68.3 though which happened 1 day before the fix) all will be fine. This bug could be caused by not only " in path but also in metadata.

Thank you very much for this valuable input! :)

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Just downloaded 1.69.2 update (3/21/13).
Finally got ALL of my music to scan.
Thanks for your persistence in fixing this.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Thank you very much for the update! I am really glad that finally this bug is finally eliminated :)