[INVESTIGATING] Wont detect music when scanning on PB

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
kowalski181

[INVESTIGATING] Wont detect music when scanning on PB

Post by kowalski181 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Bought product today for £5 having been impressed with trial version which worked fine for my playbook. However this full version simply wont detect any of my music on either auto or manual scan. should i reinstall it? it simply wont work and thus the £5 purchase is pointless

kowalski181

Re: Neutron wont detect music when scanning on PB

Post by kowalski181 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 pm

This has now disappeared from my PlayBook, tried to reinstall and it's trying to take another five pound. Can someone explain how to get this back on my system or how to get my five pound refunded

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 pm

> full version simply wont detect any of my music on either auto or manual scan

On PlayBook the only reason for this problem is that 'Files' permission wasn't allowed for Neutron on its first start. You can fix it as following:
- PlayBook UI -> Settings -> Security -> Application Permissions -> find Neutron in the list -> check that 'Files' permission has setting 'Allowed'.

> tried to reinstall and it's trying to take another five pound

This is bug of App World app and workaround is here: http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=621

kowalski181

Post by kowalski181 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Anyway of shopping the refresh db button on neutron PlayBook. Can't get it off and I'm not able to change album whilst it's on, the whole thing crashes when try to change album

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I am having the same problem with the scan. Even after re-initializing the PlayBook, it comes up empty-handed after scanning for a few minutes. I am convinced that the scan is tripping over a bad file or directory somewhere, because if I pick a lower-level directory manually for scanning it works perfectly. So that says to me it is not a permission problem.

E

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 am

There is little but still possibility that in some combination of data in SQLite database of Neutron SQLite core is failing to process the database transaction. I noticed it on Android platform but it can also be possible on PlayBooks because both are Linux/Posix compatible. There is possibility to fix this rare bug by adjusting format of SQL tables and this is done already in current dev. version.

Let's see how it goes after next update.

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks for the info. By the way, I am using iTunes Sync to update the music on the PlayBook, and it is creating those odd directory names. I am wondering whether the other users that have had this issue are also using iTunes Sync.

kowalski181

Post by kowalski181 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:09 pm

hello
any ideas when new update will be out with this matter hopefully fixed?
thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:43 am

> whether the other users that have had this issue are also using iTunes Sync

So far I have not had similar reports. All problems earlier were due to not provided permission 'Files'. On my dev. device iTunes synchronization does not lead to such kind of problems and it looks like some specific case.

> any ideas when new update will be out with this matter hopefully fixed?

I can't tell the date because it all depends on progress of planned features to complete before release. It will for sure be within 1-2 weeks time.

otaku313

Post by otaku313 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 am

>> whether the other users that have had this issue are also using iTunes Sync
>So far I have not had similar reports. All problems earlier were due to not provided permission 'Files'. On my dev. device iTunes synchronization does not lead to such kind of problems and it looks like some specific case.

Just to be clear, when I say "iTunes Sync" I am referring to the wireless sync program of that name by Daniel Bingham, not to the iTunes synchronization functionality in Blackberry Desktop.

E