No music detected [FIXED]

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: No music detected

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:37 am

Hi! Most probably you are confused with directory selection dialog. Neutron does not use Android's music database but builds own. When you are offered to select directories you need to select those which may contain your music files. Selection is done by activating pin-button on the right side of panel with directory name. Then by pressing DONE button you are activating database build procedure. After it is completed you will notice music entries sorted by categories. I hope this guide helps.

doctorjazz

Post by doctorjazz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm

This doesn't help, at least not yet. I was able to get the music in on initial set up, as I recall, and I can access it. I subsequently downloaded flac files using Tonido, which streams or downloads from my pc and works reasonably well. It does create its own folder, though, and I can't find how to rescan. I tried moving one of them to a previously scanned folder, but it didn't incorporate it on its own, and I still don't know how to get it to rescan. I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall and hopefully get the option to choose folders again, but there must be a better way (brings us back to documentation). What next?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 pm

You could try to add directory in which another app saves flac files by: Playlist screen -> Playlists -> Playlist #N entry -> Press and hold this entry -> in popped up dialog select EDIT button and chosse additional directory and press DONE.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:06 am

Hi! Most probably you are confused with directory selection dialog. Neutron does not use Android's music database but builds own. When you are offered to select directories you need to select those which may contain your music files. Selection is done by activating pin-button on the right side of panel with directory name. Then by pressing DONE button you are activating database build procedure. After it is completed you will notice music entries sorted by categories. I hope this guide helps.
I purchased and installed the Pro version and did not get the offer to select directories. I had the trial version prior but I uninstalled it before installing the pro version. I am unable to figure out the interface to add files to the database..

Great product but the interface is too hard to use.. I'm glad it has it's own database as it is the only app I've tried that correctly reads FLAC tags..

Where is the "pin-button on the right side of panel with directory name. ".. Which panel, I dont' see a directory name or pin button - whatever that is..

Can you publish an image showing how to do this?

Thanks
Bryan

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Bryan!

Here are the pictures:

First, move to the Playlist screen (press on Display, or right-side bar near it). You will see list of songs. Then press PREV button in the bottom as many times as needed to get to this screen.
plist-top.jpg
plist-top.jpg (45.33 KiB) Viewed 19239 times
Then press Playlists category and you will see a list of existing Playlists. Each playlist represents a group of directories which you selected for it. You can select/deselect directories anytime by invoking Playlist edit dialog. Make long-press on needed entry. Also if you do not change top directories (which are registered for Playlist #N entry) but modify files and directories inside those top directories then simply press REFRESH and Neutron's database will be updated/refreshed. If you change tags of music files then you must REBUILD database fully though Playlist edit dialog (see next image).
plist-entries.jpg
plist-entries.jpg (34.63 KiB) Viewed 19239 times
You will see this window where you can press EDIT button and select/deselect directories. To fully rebuild database you need to press REBUILD.
plist-edit.jpg
plist-edit.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 19239 times

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:36 am

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for the visual explanation, that helped although it's not very intuitive. Is there a way to rename the playlist from "Playlist #1" ?

I now have a new problem..

I have only copied a few files to my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) to test music players with.. All are FLAC files encoded with either EAC or JRiver MediaCenter. I currently have 10 artists (28 songs total) physically on the phone. Neutron MP shows only 9 artists but all 28 songs. It appears the songs from one artist have been grouped with another..

David Bowie
David Essex
David Lee Roth

All of David Bowie's songs now show under artist David Essex and there is no David Bowie showing in "Artists" section. The songs are there but they show up under David Essex and when playing back it says "Young Americans, David Bowie" at the top but shows the database as /Artists/David Essex.

David Lee Roth is parsed correctly.

I tried the following and it didn't get fixed
- I "refreshed" the playlist.
- I tapped "Rebuild" .
- I deleted the playlist and re-created it..

Also, as you instructed I deleted the com.neutrondoe.mp folder before installing again.

Also the screens appear to be overlayed on top of each other.. For instance, when I tap an Artist it shows the songs, but underneath you can see "Playlists, Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs" .. Not sure this is by-design or not..

Great app and I appreciate the help.. I have a few suggestions/requests but I'll provide those later..

Thanks
Bryan

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:36 am

Hi Bryan!

> It appears the songs from one artist have been grouped with another..

What if you start playing one of David Bowies songs. What is displayed in place of artist on Display part of screen where artist shall be shown? May be that FLACs have David Essex set as artist, can it be so, could you check?

> Also the screens appear to be overlayed on top of each other..

It seems like a bug. I will try to reproduce and fix it. Thank you for mentioning that!

Best regards,
Dmitry.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Dmitry, Thanks for the reply.. I have emailed you screenshots of the tags of the files on the phone as well as how it looks when playing..

Thanks
Bryan

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: No music detected [FIXED]

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:56 am

> Is there a way to rename the playlist from "Playlist #1
Renaming will be implemented in future versions.

> VERY small fontsize
There is constant work on UI so I hope it will become better and better with time.