EQ Presets Gone

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Caelin1

EQ Presets Gone

Post by Caelin1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:46 am

Several EQ Presets I set for my albums disappeared. They are still in the eq_preset.xml file but aren't showing in the app. Before downgrading my phones OS to Oreo I copied the NeutronMP file to my SD card. Pasted it to my phones main storage after it was running on Oreo again and then it was not reading any of the EQ's. Anyone know how to make the app read the .xml file so I can get my EQ's?

blaubär

Re: EQ Presets Gone

Post by blaubär » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:03 pm

I assume that you already stopped and started Neutron, rebooted the phone etc.
I further assume that you put the preset file with the correct name into a directory which looked like it was used by Neutron. And completely shut down Neutron before you did that !

It seems that Neutron looks for its files in two places :
http://neutronmp.com/faq.html

Q: After uninstallation and then reinstallation I have all my settings are lost. Is it possible to avoid it?

A: To avoid loosing your settings follow these steps:

Android OS: close Neutron process -> create folder NeutronMP in the root of the internal storage -> start Neutron -> Neutron will copy its current setting files to /NeutronMP folder and will use setting files which are located in /NeutronMP.
The first one is /NeutronMP, the second one is NeutronMP somewhere below in the internal memory.
Where did you transfer the preset xml to ?
5252019175623.jpg
5252019175623.jpg (25.95 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
Suggestion : look for directories with the name NeutronMP, perhaps Neutron uses another one. If you can and want to, create an empty directory /NeutronMP ( after having closed done Neutron completely! ) and start Neutron. Neutron then should use this directory and create its usual files there. Then close Neutron completely and overwrite the eq preset file.

Caelin1

Post by Caelin1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:02 am

Yes to all your first questions.

What I just did is open the xml and copy all text that has to do with my own custom EQs and paste it in the backup xml. Then deleted the NeutronMP folder in the internal storage and force stop neutron. Then opened it and let it rescan my music then force stop again. I have a copy of NeutronMP from before I downgraded my OS on my SD card so I applied the EQ preset xml file from there to this new folder in internal storage. Nothing happened on opening neutron, all EQs are now gone (before a handful were gone).

Copying the whole NeutronMP backup folder to my phones internal storage gets some EQ's to load but not all of them. Could it be in one of the other files? Like can one of the other files tell neutron there is an eq to load?Cus all of the text is there in the xml and should have the EQ loaded on the albums.

Thank you

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:25 am

Caelin1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:02 am
What I just did is open the xml and copy all text that has to do with my own custom EQs and paste it in the backup xml. Then deleted the NeutronMP folder in the internal storage and force stop neutron. Then opened it and let it rescan my music then force stop again. I have a copy of NeutronMP from before I downgraded my OS on my SD card so I applied the EQ preset xml file from there to this new folder in internal storage. Nothing happened on opening neutron, all EQs are now gone (before a handful were gone).
Perhaps the eq xml file is only used to store the presets' values, and Neutron has another internal table where the existence of the eq presets is stored.
You could try to force stop Neutron, remove the folder, NOT start neutron, apply the backup folder, start neutron.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:27 am

Caelin1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:02 am
Copying the whole NeutronMP backup folder to my phones internal storage gets some EQ's to load but not all of them. Could it be in one of the other files? Like can one of the other files tell neutron there is an eq to load?Cus all of the text is there in the xml and should have the EQ loaded on the albums.
Ok, sorry, just saw that you already did that.
I didn't find an obvious solution here in the forum.
I suggest you write to the developer.

Caelin1

Post by Caelin1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:24 am

Thanks for the quick reply man, appreciated. Now before I start a new topic can you tell me how to un-ignore an album?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 am

Caelin1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:24 am
Thanks for the quick reply man, appreciated. Now before I start a new topic can you tell me how to un-ignore an album?
You could try a complete new scan by long pressing "Sources" and then invoke "Scan".

If that doesn't overwrite your previous ignore, perhaps this solution from another topic helps :
Beakman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:47 pm
Under my sources tab under settings, I have a folder which I previously selected "Ignore" for it. The icon for that folder is now highlighted in red and when I long press that highlighted icon, the menu now shows " - Ignore" with a checkbox associated to reverse the previous ignore selection.