Need help with downgrading

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Aeturnalis

Need help with downgrading

Post by Aeturnalis » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:52 am

I found an older version of Neutron on APK4fun.com, version 2.07.4, from 29.Nov.2018. This program hasn't worked correctly on my Fiio device in months, so I searched for a version from the end of last year.

After installing it, it gives me the warning "Trial Expired," and sends me to the play store, where it tells me I have purchased it. So i reinstalled the playstore version alongside the downloaded version, but it still says "Trial Expired." Does anyone have any suggestions on how to downgrade to an older version without having to buy this (somewhat annoying) program again?

blaubär

Re: Need help with downgrading

Post by blaubär » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:51 am

Here's a topic about license problems on FIIO M11 :
blaubär wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 am
Well, you're not the only one :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4157
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3723
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m1 ... t-14953170

This guy here proposes a solution :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m1 ... t-14906416

<begin quotation>
1. Purchase Neutron Music Player on PayPro. This process is a bit annoying. I paid with PayPal and had to reply to an email to confirm my purchase. Make sure to remember which email you used to make the purchase. This may be different from your PayPal/etc. email.

2. Install the app from Neutron's website. ARM64 I believe. http://neutronmp.com/downloads/category ... droid.html

3. The worst part is soon to be upon us! Go to settings > help > account. You should see some information about the evaluation period. Next, hit the + to add an account.

Screenshot_20190418-222557_Neutron.jpg Screenshot_20190418-222802_Neutron.jpg

4. Here's the awful part. Add your email by setting up the email server and login information. I used a gmail account with 2-factor authentication as well as a temporary app password, but there are obvious security concerns involved here. You'll have to consult your email service for the server information. You may also have to do additional configuration. For example, with gmail, I had to enable the POP3/IMAP connections to my mailbox. Your email must be the one you entered when purchasing the app via PayPro.

Example for gmail:

Server: pop3s://pop.gmail.com
Username: #####@gmail.com
Password: #####

5. After entering the info, hit the check mark. This will bring you back to the ACCOUNT menu. You should see your email here.

If the email is yellow and stays yellow after waiting for a short while, then Neutron is having difficulties connecting to your email. Something is not configured correctly, in this case.

If the email turns white, then it has successfully connected and should soon process the registration. You can confirm this by returning to the settings > help menu. If the evaluation period information has disappeared, then your license has been successfully registered on the device.
<end quotation>
I suggest you first ask the developer though, might save you a lot of trouble.

memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Aeturnalis

Re: Need help with downgrading

Post by Aeturnalis » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Ok, thank you! I'll check it out, will probably email Neutron support first before I start this process to see if there's anything they can do to help.