Selec. indiv. files from diff. folders - play them in seq.

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
otium

Selec. indiv. files from diff. folders - play them in seq.

Post by otium » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi there,

I want to browse through the folders of my SD Card, click on (or otherwisely select) individual audio files from different folders. The chosen files are supposed to be played in sequence. Playback should begin when I select the first audio file. I don't want to play complete folders. I don't want to choose the next track only after the first has finished.

How do I achieve this using Neutron player? Do I need an additional app (file manager?)?

Something tells me that the queue function is relevant. Still, in spite of a lot of trying I haven't figured out how to do it.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

otium

Re: Selec. indiv. files from diff. folders - play them in se

Post by otium » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:38 am

So elnajordan, you seem to be having the same problem.

One piece of additional information: I'm want to use Neutron on my Android smartphone - not on my PC.

Anyway, I tried the Android version of VLC player. It does the trick and has a very neat interface. I'm out of here, Neutron Player.

blaubär

Re: Selec. indiv. files from diff. folders - play them in se

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:37 am

otium wrote: I want to browse through the folders of my SD Card, click on (or otherwisely select) individual audio files from different folders. The chosen files are supposed to be played in sequence. Playback should begin when I select the first audio file. I don't want to play complete folders. I don't want to choose the next track only after the first has finished.

How do I achieve this using Neutron player?
The "queue" seems to be a temporary playlist. You can add individual songs to it. There's an option that it should start playing once a song has been added to the empty queue. You can access it by adding its icon to the top panel or via the library.
I would guess that you could add the first song, start playing it if it doesn't start playing automatically, then add further songs while it's playing. I would expect it to play all the songs in the queue as long as there are any.

EDIT : I tried it out, it work that way. It does start playing the queue automatically if you've configured it that way and you added a song and it had been was empty and nothing else had been playing. You can add while playing from the queue. Once the queue is empty neutron just stops playing.
It works differently from PowerAmp : there you can configure it to start playing immediately even if having been playing another category and to continue playing the things it had been playing befort once the queue is done.

EDIT : I contacted Dmitry regarding autoplay of queue if neutron is already playing. He also thinks it inconsistent and will correct it, so that it starts the queue no matter what if so configured.

EDIT : has been corrected in a new version.