[NOT BUG] Display Off in Wakemode?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Inso

[NOT BUG] Display Off in Wakemode?

Post by Inso » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:44 am

Hi,

the only wakelock option I found keeps the display running, which results in ~20% battery usage per hour. When I lock the player manually, the sound starts stuttering. Wakelock widgets had the same problem. Is there any option to shutdown the display while the player keeps running with 100% CPU, as in poweramp for example?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Display Off in Wakemode?

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:21 am

Hi! :)

It looks like your Android OS has problems with background mode. There were some versions which cut CPU time too much for the foreground processes working in background. What is your device model, Android OS version? Does your device has update for newer Android OS?

> Is there any option to shutdown the display while the player keeps running with 100% CPU

The thing is that in Android OS it is done without any alternative. Once you switch off the screen, foreground process gets other, lower thread scheduling priority. Google did that since 2.3 (inclusive) and the only solution available - find firmware (if ever possible) which does not have such problem.

Inso

Post by Inso » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Heyho :)

I have a Cowon Z2, Android Version 2.3.5. Firmware and Android are up to date, there´s no update available, they won´t upgrade to a higher Android version.

Finally I managed to get it working with rooting the device and using a CPU clock changer (CPU Master) to set the min CPU clock to 996, problem is that I can only choose 92MhZ (too low) or 996MhZ (max speed), which results in the same low battery time, but the display is off. :)

Inso

Post by Inso » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 pm

LOL!

til today I had the trial version from google play store, now i purchased it from google and installed the NEON version from the hp - display goes to wake, sound not stuttering, no overclocking needed :-))

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 am

NEON version is much faster than standard ARMv7 + VFPv3-D16, because math is done in parallel and it provides sometimes 2-3 times faster processing. Good that although in firmware you have CPU time cut too much Neutron still manages to overcome it :)