[TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Report bugs and unexpected behavior here.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

[TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Neutron supports WebDAV communication protocol which allows to access network storage over the Internet but not all cloud storages support WebDAV access, especially those popular like Google Drive, Microsoft's OneDrive, DropBox, ...

Here is the list of cloud storages with WebDAV support which have free storage capacity and can be used as Neutron's WebDAV source:

1) Yandex.Disk
2) ownCloud
3) NextCloud

Please post your other cloud storages known to work with WebDAV.

manontour

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by manontour » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:36 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Neutron supports WebDAV communication protocol which allows to access network storage over the Internet but not all cloud storages support WebDAV access, especially those popular like Google Drive, Microsoft's OneDrive, DropBox, ...

Here is the list of cloud storages with WebDAV support which have free storage capacity and can be used as Neutron's WebDAV source:

1) Yandex.Disk
2) ownCloud
3) NextCloud

Please post your other cloud storages known to work with WebDAV.
I can access correclty owncloud via WebDAV, I have a "/" folder inside, but this directory appears to be empty "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE". Info and credentials are inserted correctly, because if I use wrong credentials I cannot even access the "/" folder.
Browsers and file explorers warns me about my self-assigned SSL certificate before I can access owncloud, something Neutron does not: I don't know if this information is useful. I would really love to sort this out, please.
Thank you very much for you app, Dmitrykos.
Regards

Edit: found this on the forum
horace wrote:I had the same problem, but found the solution.

You cannot use certain symbols in your folder names like: Tilde (~) Number sign (#) Percent (%) Ampersand (&) Asterisk (*) Braces ({ }) Backslash (\) Colon (:) Angle brackets (< >) Question mark (?) Slash (/) Plus sign (+)Pipe (|) Quotation mark ("). For the file names it doesn’t matter, just the folder names should be changed.

You can search for a Windows app that can change file names or remove symbols easily. Google for batch rename files or something like that. After you cleaned up the folder names, Neutron will scan everything from Webdav. (with FTP I had no problems if remember correctly)
Honestly, this is not an option I can apply.

Edit 2:
I cannot access folders even without those characters (still "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE"). Here a screenshot of my (local) owncloud WebDAV configuration in NMP: https://imgur.com/LskG3CJ
same results with "example.org/owncloud/remote.php/webdav"