Trying to Confirm that my axon7 DAC is functioning per guide

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Kander678

Trying to Confirm that my axon7 DAC is functioning per guide

Post by Kander678 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Hello Axon 7 user here,
I have been following the guide "[TIP] Hi-Res Audio for Android devices" to get hi-res output working on my Axon 7 with the new Oreo Beta From ZTE.

It's a great guide, and I have followed all the steps to a "t". I have every reason to believe that is it working per the guide, but have a question about one small section of the guide:
"How to check Hi-Res Audio is available
If you wish to to know whether your device has Hi-Res Audio support just access Audio Hardware -> Frequency section. Hi-Res Audio capable devices will have multiple frequencies listed, Bits field will show 24 or 8.24 or 32 in [out: X] placeholder. Additionally you can tap on a panel with Channels, Bits in Audio Hardware and see the current audio output format. If all audio devices indicate 'closed' during playback then it is a sign of Hi-Res Audio as well."
Part one checks out, I have multiple options for Frequency and the Bit's field is showing 32in out 24; however I can not bring up the current audio output format by taping on the "channels and bits panel" at the top of the "Audio Hardware" menu. It does turn color briefly when I click on that area but doesn't bring up any further audio output information. I have tried this on my wife,s phone as well... I am clicking the right spot? It's the Channel info second from the top in the Audio hardware menu that I am clicking.
I would love to see this audio output info if possible- its cool info (maybe it moved?), but regardless if the other two aspects of the guide "frequency selection"etc... are correct is it highly likely that it is working?

Thanks again for any help, and thanks again for the in depth guide on this subject.