Neutron crashing after 10+ minutes of music playback

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
kater97

Neutron crashing after 10+ minutes of music playback

Post by kater97 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:23 am

Hey,

I've been using Neutron for along time before on CM based roms in the past on my bootloader unlocked LG G4 without any problem.
Since my phone bricked and I got a replacement I have it on stock firmware and I encounter a bug where Neutron crashes (force-closes) after about 10 minutes of music playback, sometimes longer when the screen is off, then it will play till the end of a track and after unlocking the phone it gets me to home screen.
If not it will simply turn the app off in the middle of playback.

I have background service turned on, no high-resolution audio (thought that was the culprit before), i tried setting highest background processes setting in android developer settings to no avail.

It made me consider rooting the device again as it's very inconvenient, stock MP has no issues like this.

Anyone knows what the problem is?

selection7

Re: Neutron crashing after 10+ minutes of music playback

Post by selection7 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:20 pm

I've got the identical problem as the OP. I've never tried Neutron on a rooted phone though, so I wouldn't know if that works better. Fortunately, for me, the crashing tends to happen after about 25-35 mins on average, but it is still annoying to usually not be able to get through an entire album without at least 1 crash. I switched to Neutron from Gone Mad Media player because GMMP kept forgetting my EQ settings (which I could re-load, but it was annoying), only to find this player has a super-annoying bug too. Granted, I'm using an old phone as a dedicated mp3 player, which is a Motorola Photon 4G.

EDIT: Let me add that the fact that Neutron continues to play to the end of the song as long the screen is off should be a gigantic hint about what's causing it. Like the OP said, if the screen is on, the crash will happen mid-song. In both cases, the player will remember where the song left off when the crash happened, thankfully, if you have that "remember where you left off" setting activated.