[FIXED] Change Language

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
FuturoMan

[FIXED] Change Language

Post by FuturoMan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:50 pm

I downloaded both the trial and paid versions and they both installed in Russian. How do I change the language to English?

Thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Change Language

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi!

Neutron is using Android API to get locale code and is trying to choose the translation accordingly. It is strange that you got into situation. It is quite easy to overcome:
- open Neutron UI
- invoke Settings with MENU button
- scroll the list and count 18 entries from top
- 18th is the Language selection dialog

I will also double check why such situation could happen in Neutron. What is the locale you are using for Android UI?

FuturoMan

Post by FuturoMan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for the fast response.

I am in Illinois, USA. Downloaded the trial thru the Play Store. Installed in Russian. I was able to find a file to play. This is the only app I have found to play WMA lossless. I uninstalled the trail and installed the paid version. Same thing.....installed in Russian. Uninstalled the paid version reinstalled the trial version...same thing.

After reading your reply I opened the trial back up to change to English and it opened up English. Go figure

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you for more details. I am using en_US locale in my dev. devices and never observed such problem (although it does not mean that it may not exist). May be there is some problem with Android API providing incorrect locale sometimes that further triggers some hidden bug in Neutron. I will analyze Neutron's code in this area and try to fix if possibility for bug exists.