Other pictures, not type=03

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Roopid

Other pictures, not type=03

Post by Roopid » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Love Neutron, my favourite player! It handles 11,000 .flacs very nicely, but one thing:

I am using "prefer metadata" and I have all the songs in .FLAC, in folders on ExtSDcard/artist-name/album/01-trackname.flac

and mostly it works fine. There are a few exceptions:-

1) If there are several picture blocks in the file, I can't swipe between them.
2) If there is a picture metablock with a different picture type (so block type = 6 as usual, but picture type 17 for example, instead of 3) it skips the other types until it finds a type=3.

The .flac standards allow 0 or 1 picture blocks with a type 1 or type 2 picture and 0 to many pictures of other types. Types 1 and 2are icons (32x32 PNG and 'other'), 3 is front cover, 4 is back cover, 5 is leaflet, 16 is a movie screenshot, 17 "A bright coloured fish" ( :-) ) and so on up to 20.

Is there any way Neutron could allow me to swipe between all valid pictures, and maybe specify a preference for one type (03 by default, I guess), then let me display the other pics by swiping up and down?

Specs at https://xiph.org/flac/format.html#metad ... ck_picture and these types (even type 17) are supported by the command metaflac under Linux, for example. I have a few files with a few of types 1-16 and even 2 files with a type 17 :-)

Many thanks if you can help.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Other pictures, not type=03

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:56 am

It is possible to iterate images of the metadata, in Playing Now screen, on Album Art area, on the right side you will notice transparent arrows - Up, Down (near corners of the image). By pressing them you can iterate images.

It is not possible to choose preference though, Neutron will always favor Front, which is - 3 - Cover (front).