Neutron hijacking bluetooth

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
audioguy61

Neutron hijacking bluetooth

Post by audioguy61 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:25 am

Hello All,

I have been using Neutron as my go-to audio player for several years now, I have noticed a tendency of the app automatically start whenever I connect to the media Bluetooth receiver in my car, regardless of when I last used it. Even if other media players are currently open, Neutron will start and begin to play whatever it was playing last. I have tried to find any setting that might restrict Bluetooth playback but have not found anything. I'm wondering if this is a bug or I am just missing something? Edit: I just wanted to add that I am using Neutron for Android and have had this behavior on my last 3 phones (Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, LG v30).

audioguy61

Re: Neutron hijacking bluetooth

Post by audioguy61 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:11 am

For what its worth, I was poking around in the phone settings under "Apps" and was able to force stop the app running in the background and it does not start up when connecting to a blue tooth device. It is not ideal, but it is a workaround for the time being, if the app could be made not to work with blue tooth at all I would be fine with that. I have other media players that I can use with blue tooth, Neutron is what I use for more critical listening.