Neutron's search function not ideal

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Lunatique

Neutron's search function not ideal

Post by Lunatique » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:50 pm

I've always had problems with Neutron's search function, and I wonder if there's a workaround or fix?

For example, if I search for an artist, Neutron would jump to that artist in the list, but if I have multiple entries (songs, albums) from that artist, but with some variations, there's no way to filter out all other artists in the list and just play the songs/albums from entries with that artist's name.

Here's a concrete example:

There's a K-Pop group I listen to called Loona. This groups also has sub-units and solo releases from each member of the group. This means when I search for "Loona" in Neutron's artist section, it'll jump to the entries that contains the word Loona, and it looks like this:
Screenshot_2017-10-30-13-29-16.jpg
Screenshot_2017-10-30-13-29-16.jpg (101.25 KiB) Viewed 996 times
But notice how it does not filter out other artists/songs without the word "Loona" in them--it only jumps to where the entries with "Loona" are. This means I cannot simply play all the songs that have the word "Loona" in the artist's names. I'd have to manually cue up all those entries or create a playlist in order to listen to only Loona-related songs.

Now look at what happens if I perform this exact same search in the default Music app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3). (Note: I put three screenshots side-by-side since it required scrolling to see the entire search result.)
Screenshot_2017-10-30-13-27-01.jpg
Screenshot_2017-10-30-13-27-01.jpg (191.64 KiB) Viewed 996 times
See how it filters out anything that's not Loona related and only show entries that contain "Loona" as artists, albums, and tracks? And when I tap one of the songs in "tracks," it'll automatically play all the Loona-related songs in the search results. I don't have to manually cue up anything or create a new playlist--it's just one quick search and that's it.

Is there anyway I can do something similar in Neutron?