a persistent problem {tags refreshing}

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
CJMCDM

a persistent problem {tags refreshing}

Post by CJMCDM » Thu May 24, 2012 9:10 pm

I have found that neutron player wont react to changes in music tags or album art, also its not as efficient finding the album art for some music that originally had that album art assigned, while any other player would show the correct updated tags and album art.

Liveinthemoment

Re: a persistent problem

Post by Liveinthemoment » Fri May 25, 2012 12:57 am

When I make changes I simply press rescan and all is good.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri May 25, 2012 12:53 pm

When tags changed rescanning is necessary. not refreshing but rescanning. Other players are using Android media database and just read information from there. Android OS updates info about music files once you copy/modify those files on Android file system (you may notice notification 'Media scanning completed...'). In case with Neutron this operation shall be done manually because Neutron does not know whether there was any change at all, changed 1-2-3..X files... I could replace refresh with rescanning operation but rescanning is much more heavier operation for CPU and users would start blaming Neutron for taking CPU, being slow and etc.

CJMCDM

Post by CJMCDM » Sat May 26, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks, but how can I reescan

Nostrovia

Post by Nostrovia » Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 am

CJMCDM wrote:Thanks, but how can I reescan
Hi CJMCDM,

You need to go to sources: 'long press', 'long press' again & there you'll see rescan. Without the second long press you'll only have & see the option to refresh.

Cheers!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 am

Hi CJMCDM!

It would be great to know if you managed to find RESCAN option on Source setup window and whether rescanning helped you to solve the problem with tags and album art. Especially with album art because it refers to your another opened thread.

Best regards,
Dmitry.