[TIP] Hi-Res Audio for Android devices

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
NYer718

Re: [TIP] Hi-Res Audio for Android devices

Post by NYer718 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:58 am

Mlknez wrote:The current version is only seeing the Qualcomm DAC in the LG V30 and not the Sabre ESS9218P DAC. When will support for the LG V30 be included?
I second this

MarshallBlack

Post by MarshallBlack » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 am

Hello, I'm new Neutron user here. I have HTC 10 and I want Hi-Res output.

Things I done so far
1) Generic Driver = ON
2) Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Codec = ON
3) Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Speaker = ON
4) DSP Effect (Device) = OFF
5) Low Latency = OFF
6) 32-bit Output (IEEE 754) = OFF

After these adjustments music is not reproduced to headphones. BUT after I unplug headphones from headphone jack and plug them back in music started to play automatically. So how can I be sure if Hi-Res works? I'm using .flac format.

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:37 am

Mlknez wrote:The current version is only seeing the Qualcomm DAC in the LG V30 and not the Sabre ESS9218P DAC. When will support for the LG V30 be included?
Does the LG V30 reveal its second DAC through the USB properties / Alternate Settings? I doubt so. And then there would be no way to access it.

wormant1

Post by wormant1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:28 am

Hi-Res Speaker option is only available when I enable all the mode options in custom format, but I do not have the Hi-Res Codec option.
When I play music via aux with Hi-Res Speaker option selected, the only frequency available is 48khz. If I disable Hi-Res Speaker by deselecting all the mode options in custom format, I have access to other frequencies.

illusionsofinsanity

Post by illusionsofinsanity » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and it is connected to a Pioneer APPRADIO 4 via a Samsung Mhl adapter. The issue i am having is on tracks that are 24/96 will not play if i have Follow Source Frequency checked. I followed the high res tips so i have those options set up.If i do not have Follow Source Frequency checked the song will play but the frequency shows 44100 and not 96000.I have hooked the phone up with mirrorlink which means its using the usb-c cable to the head unit and all the songs play fine but mirrorlink is terrible and slow so i do not want to use it. Now when i am using mhl on other players (Blackplayer,Google Music,etc) songs play fine but i do not think i am getting high res playback hence why i bought Neutron.
Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction or if they need more information please let me know

Thanks

Mi.Rog

Post by Mi.Rog » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi,
I use Fiio X5 3rd and Neutron 1.97.4. If I use recommended settings (Generic DRV ON, DSP OFF, LL OFF, 32bit OUTPUT OFF), no matter what I play it always report:
DRV: AudioTrack (SYS)
BITS: 32 (out: 32)
FREQ: 44100
Latency: 371 (min. 185)

Does that mean that neutron doesn't make use of Fiio hardware? Downsamples tracks?

If I try to set FOLLOW FREQ to on - there are massive distortions, but FREQ shows correct, BITS not.

Is there something I missed or did wrong?

Thanks for help.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:11 pm

> Mi.Rog

Fiio X5 has built-in hi-res support in Neutron. E.g. you do not need to do anything additionally. out will always be 32, that is 32-bit int. Frequency section will show frequencies up to 352 kHz.

> there are massive distortions

If you could e-mail a track to reproduce to the support e-mail (neutronmp@gmail.com) it would be really helpful.

Mi.Rog

Post by Mi.Rog » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:45 am

dmitrykos wrote: Fiio X5 has built-in hi-res support in Neutron. E.g. you do not need to do anything additionally. out will always be 32, that is 32-bit int. Frequency section will show frequencies up to 352 kHz.
It always shows 44100

Mi.Rog

Post by Mi.Rog » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:45 pm

dmitrykos wrote: If you could e-mail a track to reproduce to the support e-mail (neutronmp@gmail.com) it would be really helpful.
I tried to reproduce the effect of distortions and it seems that it was caused by some influence of other settings. Now even if I play DSD 64 or 128 - it goes well.
Anyway, I must set FOLLOW SOURCE FREQ to ON to see proper freq in Audio Hardware report.
If I play 1-bit DSD it shows 44100t

Charlatan

Post by Charlatan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi!
Long time licensed user of Neutron. Love the app, and am trying to dive into the realm of HD audio with my Sony Xz Premium.
It is running the latest Qualcomm proc.. Like the Sammy 8 etc... But it seems that it's not yet able to play HD, as I can confirm under frequencies that there is only one available.

Is there any shot of enabling the playback of HD via build prop.. Or do I need to get info for the different locales (I am rooted and can install different firmware locale like UK) to see if it's enabled? Running rooted Sony stock Oreo currently.