iPAD and Neutron issues

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
shcbris

iPAD and Neutron issues

Post by shcbris » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:34 am

A few things that are bugging me at present with the player:
(Not sure if it is setup issues)
1.Information at the bottom of the screen about Artist / Track is not in a proper format
All my music was ripped via DBPoweramp.
Seems to display:
An Album cover and at the bottom left
[Track number] Track Name
Composer- Album Name

Are there different skins for Neutrom like with Foobar2000 or other players.
The Neutron look needs to be / could be improved to match its performance ( take this as constructive criticism only ).

I would of expected a better looking skin and better formatted info ( maybe look at some of the competition like Foobar2000 or mconnect ..again take this as constructive criticism only ):
An Album cover and at the bottom left
[Track number] Track Name
Artist - Album Name
Composer info would be nice as well.

2. My NAS has about 1000 music folders. Each folder is an Artist.
Could be Bob Dylan or Pink Floyd or Beatles etc.
I can play all songs from a Folder but Neutron seems to drop out after a while ( could be 5 mins or 30mins or 45 mins ).
Some Folders have about 100albums.
Is there a limit to the number of albums within a folder for the shuffling function.
Or are others having issues with Folder playing of albums?
Shuffle playing a large folder using JRiver on a PC does not have these issues so I do not think it has anything to do with my music files.
Would appreciate some help if it is a setup problem or maybe there is an updated version of Neutron that the App store has not passed on?
Thanks

shcbris

Re: iPAD and Neutron issues

Post by shcbris » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Testing the last few days..on iPad only running 1 app at a time. iPad is at v9.3.5
Neutron player will run for between 5 mins and 30mins then just stop and have a Neutron logo only on the screen and has to be restarted. Resumes track it was playing on.

8Player, mconnect HD and Foobar2000 music players on the same iPad will play with no issues.
Tried changing features like 64 bit on or off makes no difference and all other setting are pretty much default.
So if no one has any answers then maybe I've wasted my money on this app..shame as it has potential but no good if it keeps needing to be restarted.