"shuffled" playlist not working as expected

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ewokuk

"shuffled" playlist not working as expected

Post by ewokuk » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:54 am

I have a problem where all I want to do is shuffle the entire folder where all my 117 tracks are stored, and have it play those tracks in random order one at a time until all 117 have been played once. What Neutron seems to be doing is shuffling them, but then for some VERY strange reason, it keeps re-shuffling them every time you go back or forward, and re-shuffling them whenever you close the player and come back to it. This is ridiculous, all it means is despite trying to shuffle a 117 track list, I am going to end up hearing several tracks multiple times, while not hearing other tracks at all because it keeps re-shuffling the thing constantly!! It will remember the position in your CURRENT track when you close the player and come back to it, but not your position in a randomised playlist.

2 other players I have used work perfectly when doing this. Both Blackplayer and Poweramp do exactly what I would expect here. I select the folder, hit the "shuffle all" button. It creates a 117 song playlist of tracks in a random order, and it plays through that list from track 1 to track 117 WITHOUT re-shuffling them unless I specifically tell it to. I can go backwards and forwards in this shuffled list and the tracks remain in the same random order as when it was shuffled. I can EVEN tell how far through the list I am because it goes through the list from track 1 to track 117. Neutron simply doesn't work as it should, and it's a pretty big problem for anyone that just wants to grab a load of tracks and play them all randomly exactly 1 time each (which I would imagine must surely be MOST people).

Some people might like the broken way it currently works, thats fine, add it as an option to be "completely random". But there needs to be a proper option where you can just "shuffle" any given list and have it behave correctly as poweramp and blackplayer do above.

Ronin69

Re: "shuffled" playlist not working as expected

Post by Ronin69 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:20 am

Would be nice if shuffle play worked all the time. Sometimes it just stops and goes back to sequential play.

blaubär

Re: "shuffled" playlist not working as expected

Post by blaubär » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:52 am

Ronin69 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:20 am
Would be nice if shuffle play worked all the time. Sometimes it just stops and goes back to sequential play.
Can you reproduce that ( and tell us how to ) ?