FIXED: Bug Report: Music Briefly Stops W/ BB Passport

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Beakman

FIXED: Bug Report: Music Briefly Stops W/ BB Passport

Post by Beakman » Thu May 11, 2017 10:41 pm

FIXED, thank you Dimitri!

Hello Dmitry, wonderful product, I can't praise or promote it enough.
The last 3 updates have introduced a small issue on my Blackberry Passport: soon after a song starts playing, it will cut out (no sound) for a few milliseconds then continue on. It is not like the headphones or bluetooth speaker cuts out, there is a slight jog in the music that happens when the music returns. This does not happen on all songs, it seems random regardless of file type (only flak, mp3 or aac files are on the device) or whether the files are on external sd card or internal drive.
In addition, the same thing happens but more pronounced when I use the phone hardware buttons to adjust the volume either up or down, and then occurs on all and any song playing.
These bug effects happen regardless of settings for 64 bit processing, resampling, dither, replay gain and any other as far as I can tell or tested.
My current installed Neutron version is 1.95.0.2 but the bug has been noticed on at least the previous last three upgrades installed Blackberry World.
Phone is Blackberry Passport Model SQW100-1, Software release 10.3.3.1435, OS version 10.3.3.2163, build ID 903035.
I also have the latest version of Neutron running on a FiiO X7 music player running Android OS 5.1.1 and it exhibits none of these bugs.
Thank you.
Robert

cooliecrew1

Re: FIXED: Bug Report: Music Briefly Stops W/ BB Passport

Post by cooliecrew1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Beakman wrote:FIXED, thank you Dimitri!

Hello Dmitry, wonderful product, I can't praise or promote it enough.
The last 3 updates have introduced a small issue on my Blackberry Passport: soon after a song starts playing, it will cut out (no sound) for a few milliseconds then continue on. It is not like the headphones or bluetooth speaker cuts out, there is a slight jog in the music that happens when the music returns. This does not happen on all songs, it seems random regardless of file type (only flak, mp3 or aac files are on the device) or whether the files are on external sd card or internal drive.
In addition, the same thing happens but more pronounced when I use the phone hardware buttons to adjust the volume either up or down, and then occurs on all and any song playing.
These bug effects happen regardless of settings for 64 bit processing, resampling, dither, replay gain and any other as far as I can tell or tested.
My current installed Neutron version is 1.95.0.2 but the bug has been noticed on at least the previous last three upgrades installed Blackberry World.
Phone is Blackberry Passport Model SQW100-1, Software release 10.3.3.1435, OS version 10.3.3.2163, build ID 903035.
I also have the latest version of Neutron running on a FiiO X7 music player running Android OS 5.1.1 and it exhibits none of these bugs.
Thank you.
Robert
Hi Beakman,
I have a Fiio X7 as well. Every install of Neutron I've tried has been extremely buggy. Can you tell me which version of Neutron you are running?