Cannot scrobble with Last.FM Scrobbling apps [SOLVED]

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
GenesisBoy

Cannot scrobble with Last.FM Scrobbling apps [SOLVED]

Post by GenesisBoy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:37 am

I cannot scrobble to Last.fm using the official Last.fm scrobbler app when playing music in neutron. Installed Poweramp just for the sake of testing and it scrobbles perfectly! I've tried enabling and disabling the scrobble setting in Neutron's User Interface options menu and neither works. The Simple Last.fm Scrobbler app does not even work, but also works with Poweramp. The only app that works with Neutron is Scrobb for Last.fm, but that overscrobbles often and is unreliable.

I have had no issues on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android Jellybean, however when I upgraded to my Galaxy S7 Edge running Marshmallow (6.0.1) I've started having these issues. Please look into what is causing this and fix it! Been using Neutron for years, make me love it the way I used to :)
Last edited by GenesisBoy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GenesisBoy

Re: Cannot scrobble with Last.FM Scrobbling apps

Post by GenesisBoy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:09 am

Somehow I fixed the issue: I deleted the neutronmp.db file and made the app create a new one, re-set all my settings one by one whilst testing scrobbling, and turns out the setting(s) that were causing the issue was/were under Connections and Controls: Bluetooth AVRCP, and Proximity If Screen On. I had to enable the two. Enabling just one did not seem to fix the issue, but then again, enabling them both did not fix it either until I restarted the app about 10 times. I just don't care enough to test whether or not only one of these was causing the issue.

Changing those settings on my old neutronmp.db file did not solve the issue either, and I haven't the slightest clue as to why. I have no clue why these settings would even be relevant, but this has solved the issue for me. I followed my own guide to restore song ratings again and now I'm a happy scrobbler once more.