USB and microsd card storage

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
adlelare

USB and microsd card storage

Post by adlelare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Dimi, Hard to believe i joined this forum in 2012. I still use Neutron as my primary player and now given advances use my phones and tablets for all music playing...my big PC high res music collection is now android based...but question and problem i have a new LG Gpad III that has both a microsd card slot and a full USB slot (that supposedly can handle up to a 2TB flash drive)...but i can't get Neutron to recognize the USB slot at all (but the native LG music player does so with no problem)...so when i do "sources" then "+" then "file system" then then only "external storage" shown is the microsd card...i uninstalled and reinstalled Neutron but still no luck...can Neutron actually read the USB card?? or is there some limitation that needs fixing?? TIA and happy new year

adlelare

Re: USB and microsd card storage

Post by adlelare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Dimi, i forgot to add, i can actually into the USB, select a song and have it play via Neutron

techNIK+

Post by techNIK+ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Bump, I am facing the same problem, my phone supports USB OTG, and when I choose the folder /storage/usb_otg or /mnt/media_rw/usb_otg as the file source in music library, the player finds zero songs. Also neutron can't access the subfolders of the usb_otg. Even when selecting the song from root explorer, neutron lanuches but does not play it. The only workaround I found is selecting the song from the native android file explorer, where neutron plays the file, but then you have to go back to the explorer to play another song. Maybe neutron needs root privileges to access the USB? Please developers take a look at it.

PsiCore

Post by PsiCore » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:33 am

Bump, any findings on this? I try to use USB storage with HTC M8. The file browser does see the files, but it's not possible to choose the folders as sources in Neutron. Are there any options that must be ticked?

Krzychu____

Post by Krzychu____ » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:41 am

Hi. I have two devices, ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser Android 7.1.2 and RK3188 Android 4.2.2. At no one I can not load libraries from SDCard / USB. ASUS reads about 50 songs from SDCard and the application shuts down. RK3188 reads 696 tracks from a USB drive and the application NEUTRON off. PowerAMP, PlayerPro, VLC and stock works well.
How to fix it?

Krzychu____

Post by Krzychu____ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:11 pm

up

techNIK+

Post by techNIK+ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:28 pm

BUMP! Come on devs, please take a look at this, not all phones have a micro sd slot, so we have to store our lossless music libary to a usb otg to play them. There is no point in using the neutron player if we can't access our hi-rez music from the micro usb slot. (Motorola moto G 1st gen owner here)