Some issues with LG-P940

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ctrl-alt-del

Some issues with LG-P940

Post by ctrl-alt-del » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi!
I just got to know Neutron, and it is exactly the music player for my android device that I was always looking for! So, thanks for that!

But Neutron does not work fine on my LG-P940 (the new Prada-phone).

1.: Sound is quite poor, when I turn off the equalizer. The treble is too low, which is not only hearable, it can also be seen on the grafic equalizer. There is nearly no activity on the right half of it. The same files heard on the standard audio player appear to be much better, without use of the equalizer, too. Neutron works fine on my Android tablet Lenovo A1! Sound is fine and the grafic equalizer shows much more action, even on the right half.

2.: The LG-P940 has an ARM v7 processor with NEON extension. In spite of that, the NEON-version of Neutron does not work (program shows start-screen, then closes again).

I would really appreciate, if you had any clues for that. Thank you very much!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Some issues with LG-P940

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi! :)

> 1.: Sound is quite poor, when I turn off the equalizer.
Well, it means that audio DAC of your device is of low quality. Neutron is platform independent and is processing audio without regards what hardware device has. The only condition is - Neutron needs enough CPU power to do audio rendering. If you are playing exactly the same music file on both devices and experience some audio quality degradation on one of them then it means that either audio DAC of device is bad (this is not a surprise as Android device producers do not care about audio quality at all...). Graphic analyzer of Neutron shall show the same results on any device too because audio being rendered is exactly the same.

> 2.: The LG-P940 has an ARM v7 processor with NEON extension.
I have suspicion what might cause the incompatibility (exceptions handling) in 1.55.x and your device but would you be able to check this version (http://neutronmp.com/download/NeutronMP_NEON_1.54.apk)? It would be great to know whether it works.

ctrl-alt-del

Post by ctrl-alt-del » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:03 pm

dmitrykos wrote: Well, it means that audio DAC of your device is of low quality.
The LG-P940 is known to have excellent sound quality. But my low cost Tablet Lenovo A1 brings much better sound using neutron as the LG does.
dmitrykos wrote:I have suspicion what might cause the incompatibility (exceptions handling) in 1.55.x and your device but would you be able to check this version (http://neutronmp.com/download/NeutronMP_NEON_1.54.apk)? It would be great to know whether it works.
Sorry, but that version does not start at all.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:06 pm

> The LG-P940 is known to have excellent sound quality.
Is there any information regarding audio DAC used for it?

As to NEON, e-mailed to you the version for testing.