FTP connected but not processing any music

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Illidan1337

FTP connected but not processing any music

Post by Illidan1337 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:50 am

i have upgraded to a nexus 6p which doesnt have any external memory slot and since i have a good data plan and i already had a server set up i thought id take advantage of the ftp media source feature.
i entered the address and login information and selected the appropriate directory and it started scanning. only thing is that the number of processed songs wont go past 0.
its spending a good amount of time in each folder so im pretty sure its scanning everything.
the ftp server is working just as fine as it always has been. in fact i can connect to it with both es file explorer and andftp and i can even open the files from es and play them on neutron.
im running android nougat
i also have a samba server running on the same box with access to the same file path, when i connect to that as a media source it scans everything just fine. however since i can only connect to that source on my local network, that method is unviable.
ive searched for a solution to this but from what i can tell this specific problem is rather unique.

edit: i just tried the same thing on my note 3 running kitkat and still the same behavior

Illidan1337

Re: FTP connected but not processing any music

Post by Illidan1337 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:05 pm

I think this is a problem with my ftp server and not neutron because i used a similar not as good music app with an ftp feature and ran into the same problem. But no matter how i configure it i get the same problem. But i can use the ftp server on every other thing i need it for. I can connect to it from filezilla on windows and es file explorer and vlc on android and can download and upload no problem.
What i use is vsftpd on debian
I dont expect anyone here to help me with this but after all this time im desperate for a solution

Kolloidr

Re: FTP connected but not processing any music

Post by Kolloidr » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:26 am

Hello! How you decided this problem?