Playliating causing neutronmp to crash on HTC Desire

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Lee. s

Playliating causing neutronmp to crash on HTC Desire

Post by Lee. s » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 am

Hi. I purchased neutronmp a while ago due to it having a parametric equalizer. Awesome work on this app so far. Although I'd like to post a screenshot of potential ideas for a different layout for the equalizer in another post. I know programming isn't easy so I'm not too stressed about. Different layout right now :-)
I tried to make a playlist this morning off the queue I have, neutronmp crashed and when I loaded it'd reverted to my previous queue list. I'm using an old HTC desire. If you need anymore information from me on O/S version etc let me know

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Playliating causing neutronmp to crash on HTC Desire

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi! :) I tried to reproduce this crash and can't... :( Could you please provide detailed steps how did you get to it. What I did I had Queue of around 500 entries, long pressed Queue, pressed Export, got Playlists refreshed and saw the exported entry. May be you did some other steps?

Lee. s

Post by Lee. s » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 pm

I did the same thing. Made a queue of 37 songs then long held on queue and exported. Neutronmp immediately crashes. I was wondering if it may be an error specific to my phone. HTC desire A8183 running android 2.2

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am

It can be due to specific tags/directory names. I think 100% problem is there. Because my songs have mostly latin tags/directory names this problem does not happen.

To reproduce it under debugger I would need those 37 songs from you. Would you be so kind and upload it to FTP? It would be great and help to resolve problem quickly. If it is possible could you please send me a e-mail and I will provide details for FTP.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

I am sorry forgot to mention e-mail: neutronmp@gmail.com

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Also it would be great to know whether file with playlist was created. Because Neutron could crash on UI update may be.

Lee. s

Post by Lee. s » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi, Sorry I've taken so long to reply, Working long hours lately.

You were right about the tags being incorrect, I updated to the Neon version of Neutron yesterday, and moved all my music on my sd card to the media folder (media/audio/music) I then created a new queue with some Pink floyd songs in it, all Tags and filenames are nice and neat, it instantly created the playlist without crashing.
I then tried with the same songs that were causing the crash earlier, and it crashed again, when it crashes it doesn't create a playlist file, and gives me a generic error message sometimes.

So I'll reformat the filenames and Id tags for those mp3's today and all will be fine, thanks for the help! :)

Best Regards

Lee

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:38 am

Hi Lee! :)

It would still be better if you could upload those music files to Neutron's FTP then it would allow me to fix the issue. May be there are not all 37 files which are causing the crash, it can be just one. You could try splitting those 37 by 2 parts and export each and see where it is crashing and continue splitting by 2 until you get minimum possible number of files which are causing crash. You could e-mail them to me (neutronmp@gmail.com) or upload to FTP if they are big in size.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

Lee. s

Post by Lee. s » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Ill load them onto my pc after work tonight and repair the id3 tags. I bought them from beatport so the filenames are a bit messy

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:04 am

Ok. But does it still crash on new 1.55.2 version? The code in that area was revised and was made more reliable.