Neutron Crashes after sometime plaiyng music

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
3thudnera876

Neutron Crashes after sometime plaiyng music

Post by 3thudnera876 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my neutron right now, I notice that when I am playing it continuously after about 30 minutes and above the music will stop playing the next song. It is able to finish a song though but would not be able to play the next one. Strangely, it only happens when my phone is locked, I noticed that this problem is not occurring if I keep my phone turned on. Is anybody else having this problem? I am thinking that there are just setting in neutron that I am unable to properly set up yet but the problem is I don't know which setting to change to stop it from happening.

Shamie

Re: Neutron Crashes after sometime plaiyng music

Post by Shamie » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:05 pm

I am having a similar problem. Music plays for a while 10 - 20 minutes ... then simply switches off in the middle of the track. The player also closes when the songs stops playing and like 3thudnera876 mentioned in his post this does not happen if my screen is on. I'm using a Note 5.

3thudnera876

Post by 3thudnera876 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:09 am

It seems that this problem had been around for quite a long time. I just recently used Neutron but while I am researching about this, I figured out that this had also been happening for the past years. I sure hope that the developers would look into this further and fix this issue. It may not be happening on everyone because there had also been reports that there are people who is not having this problem. Anyway this problem, no matter how small it is, still exposes a weakness to the app, thus forcing others to find another Music Player. On my opinion, Neutron is great and everything, I really like the cross feed feature because I am able to listen to music for hours without hurting my ear and Neutron is the only MP that I saw using this function but when I am listening to a music continuously I want my experience to be uninterrupted as possible. Which is quite annoying when neutron itself is the one causing interruption to my listening. Please do fix this issue, not blaming neutron for this, everything in this world has it's own flaws but I sure hope that flaws like this will be taken into account and be fixed in the future.

Jean_Peuplus

Post by Jean_Peuplus » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Same problem here, funny thing is that I used the eval version without any problem for a few days.
And now the full version keeps on crashing approx every 20 minutes of music. Maybe it is the tweaking I made, I'll try using default options to see if it's still crashing.

jeffw111

Post by jeffw111 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:45 pm

I've had the same problems off and on with the player crashing during playback for no obvious reason. I think that I hit on reason why it's happening Neutron doesn't seem to like being run off of the SD card once I moved it back over to internal storage the crashes stopped happening.

Neutralizer

Post by Neutralizer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:15 pm

I too have crashes although rare. Can't find a certain reason. Very strange (as reported above) is that it always finishes the current playing song (!)

Traxformania

Post by Traxformania » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 pm

I have same issue. Player randomly crashes. I hope this will be fixed soon. This is the only reason why i didn't buy this application.