[FIXED] Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-905 controls

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
bgtip

[FIXED] Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-905 controls

Post by bgtip » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi,
I have Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-905 (http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/a ... set-bh-905).
I use it with LG Optimus 3D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Optimus_3D) with Android 2.2 froyo.
Neutron MP is v1.51.
The headset has 3 hardware keys: Fast Forward, Rewind and Play/Pause. They work exactly as the corresponding keys in Neutron MP. If I press the headset keys shortly, FF skips to the next track, RW returns to the previous track, and Pause pauses in Neutron MP. The problem is with long press. If I press and hold a hardware key, it should FF or RW inside in a track on higher speed until I release the key. This is what happens if I use the stock Android music player, so I suppose its a standard function. It doesn't work with Neutron MP however. Can you please look into this. Neutron MP is my music player of choice. Its audio quality is unrivaled.
Thank you.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-905 controls

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi! :) Ok, I will check why long-press is not working and will try to fix/implement it. Thank you for reporting this problem!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi! In 1.52 version there are fixes for hardware media buttons regarding discussed problems. Could you please check and comment if everything ok now, or problem still persists.

bgtip

Post by bgtip » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Thank you for your fast reply. With v.1.52 is better - if I press FF for long time, it searches couple seconds into the track. Its not all the time however, just for seconds, and then play returns to normal speed. With Rewind there is no change - if I press the button for long time, play starts from the beginning of the track, and no faster speed search, like if I long press the software key in Neutron MP.
It would be nice if you can make this function works, but even as it is now, this is the best music player I've ever used, and the best $5 I've ever spent.
Best regards.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:14 am

Ok, thank you very much for the feedback. I will try to find out why it is still not working okay.

bgtip

Post by bgtip » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:53 am

Hi,
I'm using v.1.54 now, and still no long press working. Any progress?
Thank you

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:40 am

Hi! Thank you for the follow up! :) This is pity because code for media buttons looks correct. Will check it again...

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 am

I found out the reason of long press not working. It looks like Android OS has global bug by not marking hardware key press event with long press flag when long press happens. Thus my implementation which relied on presence of this flag did not work. The problem is fixed and single button headsets got new functionality to fast forward the track by long pressing the button.

Your separate buttons for forward/backward will also work for fast forward/backward.

Could you please notify about your test results after 1.55 comes out. It would be great to know!

bgtip

Post by bgtip » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:24 am

Hi,
Thank you for your attention.
With v.1.55.1 Fast Forward is working with long press, but Rewind doesn't work, play just returns to the beginning of the track.
This is big progress now, long press never worked before, so even only Fast Forward is very good result.
You can imagine how much this improved work with your player. Its very convenient if I can Fast Forward from the headphones without opening the phone.
Thank you for your excellent work.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi! :) Thank you for information. It is really pity that Fast Backward does not work :( Will investigate the reasons of it.