USB DAC support on USB OTG enabled devices

Report bugs and unexpected behavior here.

Re: USB DAC support on USB OTG enabled devices

Postby Nicholas Ku » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android 6.0.1) pairing with Xduoo XD-05 DAC/Amp.
No problems with this setup when using Generic driver (DAC frequensy is always 192kHz).But it has clicks even on 16/44.1 files, while choosing Direct USB Driver. Hi-res and especially DSD files is playing with glitches and lot of clicks. There is a not hardware problem, cause "USB Audio Player" plays flawlessly same FLACs ans DSFs
Nicholas Ku

Postby ZERO » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:21 am

Oppo wrote:Below please find some more information on which HW/SW configurations glitches/clicks appear too. Please tell if you will need more info.

For me this issue happens on multiple phones/Neutron settings, and details below describe settings where issue DOES occur, unless stated otherwise. I tried different settings, which in my opinion could eliminate glitching, but did not succeed. Below I provide only the settings, which are applicable IMO.

==================================

1. Phone: HTC 1 M8
Neutron versions: 1.87.1, 1.88.1
64-Bit Processing: on/off
VEC: NEON
DRV: OpenSl ES
Direct USB driver: on
32-bit Output: on/off
Frequency: 48000
Hardware latency: 2-192

2. Phone: Alcatel 8008D: issue never occurs
DRV: OpenSl ES
Frequency: 44100
Hardware latency: 2-192

In below two configurations audio data is sent via USB to external DAC "Oppo HA-2", and this is where
severe glitching/clicking occurs.

3. Phone: HTC 1 M8
DRV: Oppo
Frequency: 44100-352800
Hardware latency:
0-30: extreme glitching
300-400: less glitching

4. Phone: Alcatel 8008D
DRV: Oppo
Frequency: 44100-352800
Hardware latency:
0-30: extreme glitching
300-398: less glitching

Audio source: MP3, FLAC, WAV, WV, with whole bunch of different frequencies, 16-bit; it seems that on some MP3s glitching/clicking is much worse, than on FLACs, surprisingly.

================================

It seems, that on HTC 1 with external DAC plugged in glitching disappears after long continuing listening. (I cannot tell exactly after which period of time, and I'm not sure here), but once another song is selected or forwarded to - glitching always reappears.

NOTE: the same issue with glitching occur in Onkyo HF player, when data is sent through USB to external DAC, hence I believe the problem exists not only in Neutron player.

Is this still an issue? I am considering getting an OPPO HA-2 for my Moto X Pure and want to make sure it is actually going to work before I buy it.
ZERO

Postby Rockyjonsan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 am

I know that in such case no additional work is needed to route audio to external USB. By the way, could you please check value of Latency in Settings -> Audio Hardware for external USB if you have it. The value is in (). For basic Android hardware it is 92ms but interesting what is shown for external USB.
Rockyjonsan

Postby schiff1108 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 am

I am using the Neutron DAC feature since many years. Very nice. First with Samsung S3, later an s5.

Actually, I got a Samsung s7. But I cannot my external DAC working. I have an ibasso D-Zero MK2.

All time, I was using custom ROMs based on LineageOS.

Do I forget anything. Do I have to taken a certain configuration in Android or NeutronMP?

Might there be a mismatch between the S7 and my nice ibasso?
schiff1108

Postby Rod2 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm unsing a Samsung Tab E Lite 7" tablet.

Just got the Dragonfly Black DAC and an OTG cable.

The Dragonfly works perfectly connected to USB of my windows 7 laptop

but nothing from Samsung tablet. Music plays from the tablet speakers, nothing from the headphones connected to the Dragonfly.

Have looked at Audio Hardware section in Neutron and cannot make the music go to the USB output, no matter what.

Any advice? Is it possible it simply will not work with this tablet? it is running android version 4.4.4
Rod2

Postby Certvalue123 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:50 am

hi. In USB DAC support on USB OTG enabled devices is nice information thanks for sharing.
OHSAS 18001 in Qatar
Certvalue123

Postby csricharan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:45 am

I have an Honor 7 and recently bought a Fiio Q1 Mk2. After some figuring out, I got it to work with the DAC but there is some sort of electronic interference which manifests as a low volume crackling noise when I scroll down the song list, use other functions or use the phone in any way. Does anyone have a solution? Because, I will have to return the DAC if I can't find a solution.
csricharan

NSF TO PST CONVERTER FREE DOWNLOAD

Postby naletresel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:38 am

This NSF is possible with PST tool. this software will help you to compress pst. attachments. you can download free tool from here
we are possible free download nsf to pst convert http://www.toolsbaer.com/products.html#
naletresel

An advanced OST to PST Conversion technique

Postby ostexpert2018 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:36 pm

In situations where mailbox on Exchange Server is erased, OST file ends up stranded and inaccessible. Changing over OST file to PST file organize is an answer that users can receive keeping in mind the end goal to restore lost data from OST file.

OST file is prevalently characterized as copy of Exchange Server mailbox that is stored on neighborhood machine. It is a data file of MS Outlook that gets made when it is designed with Exchange Server. The OST file saved locally and the mailbox on Exchange Server shares a symbiotic relationship. An OST file is likewise labeled stranded or move toward becoming un-usable if its connection with the mailbox gets broken.

It is constantly viewed as that OST files are a deliverer in circumstances when there is any damage to the mailbox on Server. For instance: If the user-mail-account gets erased from Server, the data still lives in the OST file and can be recovered from it.

Yet, there is an intense truth that a significant number of the users are unconscious about! In circumstances when a mailbox gets erased from Server, the OST file ends up inaccessible. So by what method will the lost mailbox be recovered from the offline storage file in Outlook?

The response to this unordinary and muddled question is OST to PST Converter. Now, a large number of you may consider utilizing the Import-Export wizard of Outlook that offers office to save OST into PST. Lamentably, this won't work if connectivity between the mailbox and OST file is broken. All in all, what is the arrangement now?

The uplifting news is there are tools accessible that can change over a stranded OST file into PST file design however with a little venture. These conversion tools when save mailbox data into PST can help in recovery after which the resultant PST file can be transported in to new mailbox. Software likewise gives an approach to change over OST messages to Office 365 account. In spite of the fact that OST conversion streamline the activity of recovery yet finding a suitable tool is an intense activity! This is where the all powerful EdbMails OST to PST Converter comes in for the rescue

Here are a few hints shared that can help in selection of a pertinent tool to restore emails from OST after mailbox erasure from Exchange Server:

Brand and its altruism in the market matters. Receive a brand that has been depended for a considerable length of time and have is prescribed in master audits.

The tools will be accessible with their demo versions on official sites. Download them and test them for quality and highlights required.

Continuously read about the item on official site and appropriately read about terms and conditions for discount approach.

Getting a correct item for recovery is critical to guarantee that entire data is recovered from OST file. Examine highlights of the tool, its potential, and afterward just make your significant interest in it.

Guess which tool matches all the criteria above and even offers a Free OST to PST version for letting its users try out all the features that it offers with the only limitation export of only 30 items per folder/mailbox is allowed ? Yes you must have heard the name before if you are an IT administrator but i’ll tell it mention it again anyway for our readers - its the EdbMails OST to PST Converter.
ostexpert2018

Previous

Return to Support