metadata issues over Bluetooth, note 4, cm12

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
irrationallikepi

metadata issues over Bluetooth, note 4, cm12

Post by irrationallikepi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi!

My configuration:
Tmobile galaxy note 4
Latest cm12 lollipop nightly Rom
Latest neutron app
Pioneer avh 2700 in car Bluetooth touch receiver with Pandora
I can't get the car to display song information after the first played song on screen. ID3 tags are valid.All songs purchased on Google play music. Scrobble is on but don't know if that matters.

Each song folder just has song file. Each id3 tag specifies an album art file though 0 bytes.

Any other player like power amp rocket player or jet audio always shows on the car panel what is currently playing. Not neutron

My song folder does have album sub folders but also songs in the root folder.

Any idea? Also no player shows album art in car. Pandora however always shOws both song info and art

Thank you

Irrationallikepi

irrationallikepi

Re: metadata issues over Bluetooth, note 4, cm12

Post by irrationallikepi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:08 am

No responses even with 107+ views?

After some digging and trying iPhone devices, I'm convinced that any stand alone music player like Neutron can't send album art images to a 2-dash din bluetooth receiver in a car. The solutions / workarounds are either:
- Use Pandora which works...it must use its own protocol and perhaps there's some onboard cache for the receiver as it's meant to play nice with Pandora
- Use a thumb drive with images on it

Going back to song info not showing. Going back to stock firmware on my TMobile Galaxy Note 4, I no longer have the issue of songs not updating on the display *only if* I perform the following workaround (perhaps it works with CM12 too, but haven't tried)

1) Turn off vehicle
2) Open Neutron and start playing music
3) Turn on vehicle, wait for BT auto connect
4) From now on, changing songs will accurately update the song info shown on the receiver

This is even with the Mar 16th Neutron app update from the play store that supposedly fixed metadata issues. At least now I have a workaround. Just wanted to share this workaround for others.

BTW, further reading told me that AVRCP 1.4 is the first version to allow media folder browsing over bluetooth. I'm convinced CM12 has some AVRCP bugs since with stock, I can at least see the root music folder. With the stock music player, I can browse songs and change them on the display in my car. With Neutron, it just shows the root "Neutron" folder but doesn't expand to let me change songs. Seems like a bug.

Just wanted to update you all with my additional findings. Responses would really help here.