Playbook Crash with v1.79.4

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
strak

Playbook Crash with v1.79.4

Post by strak » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm

I had loaded a new album from a download code received from a vinyl purchase and since it didn't include art I added it with Mp3tag. As I was about to shut down for the night the newest version became available. I loaded it and and rebooted - it seemed to work alright.

The next morning I noticed that the album art was slow in showing up on the album listings -- seemed to lag behind a bit. I rebooted again. On restart I loaded Neutron and looked for the new album and tried to play a song from it. The song loaded but the album art didn't show up.

I rebooted and now the program crashed. Rebooted and tried again. Crash. Neutron now refused to start after the initial load screen and would "time out" and crash.

I took a moment to think what it might be before running here and reporting a bug. I went back to what it was that I last did that actually had the program working: Loading a song from the new album.

Okay, but why no art? Okay I loaded my own art and in the process chose a 2000 x 2000 (1.1mb) image in the cover tag and as a separate Folder.jpg in the album directory. Okay, maybe that was too large?

I redid the tags and and chose a smaller image size (64kb) and.....SUCCESS!! :D

Program now loads and appears to play normally.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Playbook Crash with v1.79.4

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:53 pm

May be it was some specific image type? Normally Neutron is processing any image size. Could you please e-mail an example of such image file to neutronmp@gmail.com for testing in dev. environment, it would help a lot to identify the problem.

strak

Re: Playbook Crash with v1.79.4

Post by strak » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Image sent. Thanks dmitrykos.