version 1.47

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
TonyFro

version 1.47

Post by TonyFro » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 pm

This update has caused the music player to ask to be activated on my Samsung galaxy S.

Also when a call is taken, the music player doe not restart playing unless you go through the widget to the player itself as the widget is unresponsive.

trondis23

Re: version 1.47

Post by trondis23 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 am

When I was walking home yesterday, the player suddenly stopped, giving the message "the trial period is over, please buy.. etc." Later, at home, it worked fine. So I wondered if you now have introduced checking over the net to see if it has been paid. If that is the case, I think it is very inconvenient. I'm not on-line all the time. I have a couple of programs that did the same, my guitar tuner for one. Isn't there another way to check if you have a legal copy?

Bjrmd

Post by Bjrmd » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:38 am

Same thing happened to me but only once right after installing it. I rebooted and all fine since.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi Guys! :)

First of all, let me apologize for the inconvenience caused, I hope it happened once.
> 1.47
May be it happened due to version change and only once.
> Isn't there another way to check if you have a legal copy?
If you remember, when Android just came out there was quite simple offline licensing mechanism for apps. It wasn't requiring Internet to check the license. But, after massive piracy of paid apps and thus lost interest from commercial developers to invest their time into Android platform, Google decided to strengthen licensing, otherwise Android OS future was in clouds (and was definitely loosing to iOS).

The Android Market's LVL (License Verification Library) feature was introduced which requires Internet access (e.g. it is not Neutron's invention but generic Android Market feature). Android application makes request to Android Market through LVL library and receives reply whether application is purchased or not. Android Market caches such requests and next time they are made Internet won't be necessary. Cache has lifetime and if expired Android needs Internet to refresh the record.

If you see Neutron popping Trial Expired then please make sure Internet is switched on at least for the one run of Neutron because Android Market failed to provide status of license. You do need Internet always for Neutron but occasionally when cache expires. In many cases, if you are using Internet on device quite often, you won't notice this and cache refresh will happen automatically without disturbing the user.

If you purchased other apps and they make checks for license from time to time the same situation may happen with them.

As to me I would love to have as low protection as possible but due to massive piracy it is absolutely commercially not feasible to continue for Android platform development then. Free, pirated versions, have big demand. We all shall say thanks to hackers who make cracks of apps which cost only 1 - 6 USD!!! You won't believe those hackers are using quite advanced tools, like IDA Disassembler, to break protection of native code, not speaking about Java byte code...